a handful of information before purchasing Netdum R3 - please help me make a decision

Hello everyone! 

I am thinking about purchasing the latest version of the netduma 3 router, but first I wanted to get some information about this router. First of all, this will be my first router with geolocation. Currently playing Warzone/MWIII I have 30-40 ping, so it's probably not that bad. I live in the south of Poland. I talked to a friend who has an older version of "Netgear Nighthawk XR1000" with geolocation and is currently connecting to a server in the capital of Poland, Warsaw. Its ping is 7. If I buy the latest netduma r3 router, can I be sure that I will also have such a ping? Does it make sense to buy this router if I have a ping of 30-40 without packet loss?

Another thing is that I mainly play ranked, currently I'm in crimson. I almost always get someone from the top 250 in the lobby, sometimes even several, and it's very difficult to get anything done. When watching various top-ranked streamers, they almost always have lobbies that are unreachable at this level. They get bronze, silver and gold in the lobby, of course with a ping below 10. Is this also due to the geolocation router? By using netdum r3 and connecting to the nearest server, will I also have a chance to get into such a lobby? I have read many times here on this forum replies from administrators that using geolocation does not omit sbmm, but somehow top streamers have much weaker lobbies than they should have. How is it possible? and what's the deal with geolocation - does it allow for a weaker lobby or not?

The next thing is, when connecting to the nearest match server, does it load as fast as without geolocation or do you have to wait longer for the lobby to be filled? I would like to avoid a situation where I spend 230 euros on netdum r3 and have to wait several minutes for one match.

Next: I currently have the cheapest router in the WiFi 6 standard - 802.11ax and sometimes it happens that when watching TV two rooms away, the resolution drops due to a drop in the Internet connection. Will this router improve my connection stability? Does it have good range?

Thank you very much in advance for all your help and answers.

• Administrators

Hello, welcome to the forum!

To answer your questions:

1. There is no guarantee you'll get 'X' ping. If you're experiencing local congestion or connecting to further away servers then yes your ping will likely decrease using the router.
  2. They're probably using a VPN to force a specific country but no we don't circumvent SBMM, it's unlikely forcing close servers will allow that to happen
  3. Matchmaking can take a little longer in some cases, it depends how many servers you have covered. If you're trying to force one specific server then it may take a little longer if the game is trying to force you elsewhere.
  4. We can't compare it to another router in that way as it depends on many factors but we have been doing a lot of testing and improvements to WiFi so it should be very good.