R2 with EE Smart Hub Plus

Suffy1570

Hi, I recently switched from BT to EE for the wifi enhancer but am yet to get to use it as EE are messing me about and didnt add it to the package despite paying for it and are still yet to add it after about 7 days and 7 phone calls. I'm now thinking rather than paying monthly for wifi enhancer and deal with EE it might be better to just get the R2 router from Netduma and use that but not sure how that will work with the EE Smart Hub Plus. Could I use the EE Smart Hub Plus for wifi and normal traffic and then connect the R2 to the EE Smart Hub Plus and then only connect the 2 Gaming PC's and 2 Xbox's to the R2? Would having the routers connected together work or cause any issues with Nat types or port forwarding?

Many Thanks

• Administrators

Sorry to hear about your experience, please hold off on getting the R2 just yet as we will get them to help but to answer your question:

In terms of the R2, it would absolutely work plugged into the Smart Hub, we do generally recommend that all devices get connected to the R2 though for the most optimum experience. For NAT you could just put the R2 WAN IP in the Hub DMZ and that will eliminate a double NAT.

Thanks for the quick response Fraser. Could you explain more about why you recommend all devices to be connected to the R2 and not just the devices used for gaming? Also I am yet to see any posts about people using the Wifi Enhancer, is the Wifi Enhancer currently out and availible?

• Administrators

Sure thing, so if you just connect the devices for gaming you won't be able to make full use of the features such as QoS. For QoS to be effective it needs to have control of your entire network. Of course if you just want the Geo-Filter for example then you could just connect the gaming devices and that will work normally.

As far as I know it is out and available as long as you have the Smart Hub Plus. We're anticipating very little support queries coming directly to us for WiFi enhancer as most people will seek support from EE themselves. It's only those who are already a part of our community who have/will get EE or people who know we created it that we expect will come directly to us for support.

I have sent you a private message by the way to collect details we can pass on to EE.