Option 61

Hey 

Is option 61 available for xr700 ? 

I recently swapped to nowtv broadband which requires it apparently 

I've sniffed the login details via wireshark but nothing seems to be working 

I have even tried changing the routers mac address to the nowtv one 

Any help would be greatly appreciated 

2 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

I don't believe so, you would need to have the ISP modem/router handle that instead with the 700 connected to it.

I saw that it was possible in a earlier firmware to use option 61 . How come that's changed? 

Wouldn't I get a double NAT doing what you recommend? Which isn't ideal right? 

• Administrators

There was/is an option for 60 but I'm not sure about 61, I don't have one to check at the moment. It would be in the same place, do you see it?

You would put the XR WAN IP in the ISP modem/router DMZ and that would eliminate the double NAT.

16 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

There was/is an option for 60 but I'm not sure about 61, I don't have one to check at the moment. It would be in the same place, do you see it?

You would put the XR WAN IP in the ISP modem/router DMZ and that would eliminate the double NAT.

No I don't see either 60/61 but tbh I don't know where I should be looking for it , I don't seem to have the tabs that I saw in other peoples pictures on their threads 

I might just try DMZ as that seems easier to do. Would I lose any functionality from doing so? like qos or geo filter or hybrid vpn? 

13 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Should be in Internet Setup, if you provide a screenshot of the pages where it seems like something is missing I can let you know.

No you won't lose any functionality, you'll still be using the XR for everything.

After trying the DMZ option I now see the option 60/61 . I think it's because I had login credentials set to "yes" 

I have managed to setup my router successfully without the need for the nowtv one now :)

Using the email|pass as hex decimal for option 60 

And the vendor class identifier as option 61 

Both I managed to grab through wireshark 

LFG! 

46 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Ah brilliant to hear that, thanks for the update!

Thanks! 

How would I go about enabling ipv6 ? I do not see where to enter login credentials if I have it set to DHCP 

58 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

That would be in Settings > Advanced Settings

Yeah I know . My old ISP I was able to set it to PPPOE with the same login credentials but with this new one requiring MER61 I have no idea how to set it up correctly 

• Administrators

It would be best to use the DMZ method having the other router handling it as QoS won't work fully with PPPoE (something we're working on). However, so if you do enter PPPoE details the option 61 option disappears? If so Netgear must have only included it for DHCP so you would have to use the other router for that purpose.

56 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

It would be best to use the DMZ method having the other router handling it as QoS won't work fully with PPPoE (something we're working on). However, so if you do enter PPPoE details the option 61 option disappears? If so Netgear must have only included it for DHCP so you would have to use the other router for that purpose.

image.thumb.png.4346bd294d611e766418d42c9c2f909e.png

I don't see 60/61 for dhcp on the IPV6 page 

I'm happy to wait for qos to be fixed , dont want to have to go through the struggle of setting it up with dmz , did try earlier and sent you dm's about it as i was still getting double nat before I figured out how to get it working with dhcp