Packet loss

DillyDally5549

Hi, just got of a game of World at War with my friend...

We were playing Zombies, and at random times I would get insanely high packet loss to the point where I would be jumping across the map and 2 times at least this caused me to go down which in turn caused us to lose the game.

I had open 2 CMD windows on my other monitor: one pinging 1.1.1.1 and the other pinging my modem's local IP address (192.168.100.1), and both were timing out at the same time signifying a brief breakdown in communication between the router and Virgin modem as opposed to a problem in VM's network.

When I got off, I opened multiple CMD windows with one each pinging: my DNS server/Pi-Hole (connected directly to the router), my NAS (connected to the same switch as my PC which is the one pinging), and one pinging my AP (connected 2 switches away of the switch my PC is connected to). 

I would only get timeouts on the DNS server, modem, whilst the NAS and AP (not connected via the router) remains unaffected.

I play CoD on the odd occasion and never had this happen to me before. Additionally, my brother plays Fortnite quite reguarly and if he were to be subject to large amounts of packet loss then you would here him complain about it in which I have not heard him.

I have the R1, which apart from the network settings on the admin page displaying a pause (or play) icon in the status page and thus inaccessible until a reboot, I don't have that many issues with the router.

I would buy the newer R2, but haven't got that sort of money to dish out for it at the moment, so asking if anyone else has this issue, and what may be causing it and how to fix it.

Thanks!

image.thumb.png.63787d44f08ac2f4480eebe53879ba3a.png

100.1 is the modem, 248 is the DNS, 120 is the NAS. Notice how the NAS doesn't get any timeouts.

Edit: I ended up restarting the router after the firewall crashed and the ping signals seem to be fine to my DNS so far.