Devices Listed as OFFLINE that are ONLINE!

The Software for the NightHawk XR1000 is this you folks? 

I'm asking because I have seen this several times on Device Manager are

Devices Listed as OFFLINE that are ONLINE!

Something is wrong .. never had this kind of stuff happen when I ran a ASUS router.

I have seen it happen on both Directly connected and WiFi'd Passing data .. its just not updating about 10% of the time. 

I had to also totally disable the QoS features because it did nothing but because LAG and Disconnects in the games we play.

Something is seriously wrong with the software/firmware for this device. - Is there a LIST of problems that are reported and verified/being worked on here on the forums?

• Administrators

I've only had one response, asking for further information and a possible reason for it occurring but if you wish to return it that's understandable.

If you do a speedtest for example so it's using high traffic consistently does it switch to online?

QoS needs to be fine tuned to ensure you don't get any lag, simply having it enabled won't get you the best experience.

No we don't have a public facing list of known issues etc.

I tired all different setting for the QoS and it all worked like crap .. if it was on I got high Pings and loads of lag ON ALL Devices.

As far as the device manager - I am BLOCKING things and they are STILL accessing the router to the internet.  I mean hell what else is going on and I cant even see it.  Yesterday I had 4 unknown devices listed OFFLINE.  I had ALL my devices accounted for so I blocked them and deleted them.  Are they accessing my router?

I had NetGear back in the day and it was bad then, I guess nothing changed.  

• Administrators

What is the model of the modem/router the XR is connected to? Are ALL devices connected to the XR? What QoS settings did you specifically use - can you provide a screenshot of your QoS page please?

Some devices if they connect via a different method e.g. 2.4/5GHz will show as a different device as the MAC address will be different, also some devices like an iPhone have private/random MAC addresses enabled which means anytime it connects to the router it will appear as a new device. Disabling those private/random MAC options will help prevent that happening as well as setting static/reserved IPs for devices so you know for certain a device is what it says it is.