XR 500: Unable to log into router interface

I have the xr500 set behind an ATT gateway.

I have the gateway set to IP pass through allowing the XR500 to manage the network.

Started last night while on xbox. Internet suddenly went out. I was able to plug directly into the gateway and bypass xr 500 and still get online.

The router seemed to go through a couple reboot cycles and keep resetting. Everything seemed to correct itself this morning, but after attempting to log into the router interface, I just get the duma OS is loading, this could take up to 4 minutes...etc. 

I have tried factory reset. This appeared to work once, I was going through the setup and then it stalled. I followed through with a simple reboot, same message. I then have attempted factory reset multiple other times, but it seems to fail. It is loading the our original SSIDS instead of the netgear wifi setup prompts. Then I receive the same duma OS loading messages. I have done the 30-30-30 reset, held reset for multiple minutes powered off then reconnected. I have done the factory reset while not connected to the internet and connected.

I was able to connect through the duma OS app once, but then unable to connect via desktop. Following reset, same problem. Duma OS app gives me an unknow error occurred.

I also have cleared cache and cookies multiple times, attempted log ins from chrome, edge, chrome on iphone. I have even attempted from incognito browsers as well. 

I do have the beta version of duma OS for the XR 500. Wifi and everything still work. I just can't access the interface. I've been on the beta version for a couple months now. It's just bizarre. 

Summary:

Multiple factory reset attempts, only 1 seemed to work.

Multiple normal reboots

Cleared browser cache and cookies

tried on more than 1 computer

failed duma OS access on iphone

Internet still connected, unable to log into router interface. 

• Administrators

I'd suggest reupgrading the firmware using the TFTP method, this bypasses the boot process and any issues there then once done do a factory reset for the freshest install possible: https://kb.netgear.com/000059634/How-do-I-upload-firmware-to-my-NETGEAR-router-using-TFTP-from-the-Microsoft-Windows-Command-Prompt?article=000059634

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry I took so long to follow up. I was able to get access to I think the basic interface without Duma os running and reboot the the pre beta version. 

Attempted to reupload the beta. Then seemed to run into an issue where every time a device connected via wifi it went into a reset loop. So I downgraded versions, and went through the firmware upgrades again 1 by 1. Factory resetting each time. That seemed to correct the wifi issue and now we’re running smoothly again. 

Narrowed it down to WiFi by turning off WiFi after upgrading and connecting via Ethernet to the back of the router. Everything would be functional, until the second something connected via wifi. Then it would just repeatedly start rebooting. 

• Administrators
56 minutes ago, Dana said:

Sorry I took so long to follow up. I was able to get access to I think the basic interface without Duma os running and reboot the the pre beta version. 

Attempted to reupload the beta. Then seemed to run into an issue where every time a device connected via wifi it went into a reset loop. So I downgraded versions, and went through the firmware upgrades again 1 by 1. Factory resetting each time. That seemed to correct the wifi issue and now we’re running smoothly again. 

Narrowed it down to WiFi by turning off WiFi after upgrading and connecting via Ethernet to the back of the router. Everything would be functional, until the second something connected via wifi. Then it would just repeatedly start rebooting. 

Well done on getting it sorted! Thanks for the report!