R2 + Google Nest Routers

Frosty uchiha

So I live in a townhouse in CT. With just the R2 alone wifi in the top floor is very inconsistent (r2 in the first floor next to gaming set up)

So i have modem --> r2--> google nest router --> 2 more google nest on each floor 

Overall i dont run into many or big issues. Issues are fixed with reboot. I recently just updated to the latest firmware. Is there a better way to set up access points to extend my wifi ? Should i be avoiding setting up google nest and have two seperate wifi connections ? Looking for the best set up possible especially for gaming. 

Thank you ! 

P.s add support to EA FC 24 for pc and console 💖

Edited by Frosty uchiha

• Administrators

I think having just the one WiFi network would be best if you can achieve that, in terms of best for gaming if you're connected via ethernet to the R2 directly then it doesn't matter how you have the WiFi setup specifically.

We will be testing the game although it should work already.

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

I think having just the one WiFi network would be best if you can achieve that, in terms of best for gaming if you're connected via ethernet to the R2 directly then it doesn't matter how you have the WiFi setup specifically.

We will be testing the game although it should work already.

Yeah my xbox and pc are connected directly to the R2. I think i will just set up better the qos and other settings to get my ping down hopefully. I didnt see ea fc in the list maybe i have to resync cloud or use fifa 23 ? (Xbox) 

• Administrators
20 minutes ago, Frosty uchiha said:

Yeah my xbox and pc are connected directly to the R2. I think i will just set up better the qos and other settings to get my ping down hopefully. I didnt see ea fc in the list maybe i have to resync cloud or use fifa 23 ? (Xbox) 

As long as all devices are connected behind the R2 (i.e. none are connected to the ISP modem/router) then QoS will work optimally. 

Yeah you could use FIFA or the Games Console option. 

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

As long as all devices are connected behind the R2 (i.e. none are connected to the ISP modem/router) then QoS will work optimally. 

Yeah you could use FIFA or the Games Console option. 

So im running server test for fifa 23 in the heatmap to set up the geo filter but i only get servers in uk not in NA EASST or anywhere in the united states.

I looked it up online they have some in Virginia if i geo filter around me and Virginia is inside the circle with zero ping assist. I should be placed there on fhat server right even though it doesnt show up in the ping map test 

• Administrators

Yes that's correct, Ping Heatmap pings a list of servers we have added and the IPs of the servers for the game changes frequently so it can become out of date. On the other hand, the Geo-Filter see's any active connections so it can be used to connect to the servers even if Ping Heatmap isn't showing it.

5 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Yes that's correct, Ping Heatmap pings a list of servers we have added and the IPs of the servers for the game changes frequently so it can become out of date. On the other hand, the Geo-Filter see's any active connections so it can be used to connect to the servers even if Ping Heatmap isn't showing it.

So upon fixing my dumos settings i discovered im not even getting my full 800 mbps. Its capping right under 100. [97-98] 

Its doing it on wifi on hard wire i tried switching cables restarting nothing works. Im contacting xfinity now. I have a cm1000 netgear modem and r2 idk why this is happening. Any thoughts 

update my speed settings in duma os was at 100 mps. i changed it to 800 which is what i pay for. idk why it was at 100 cap and when i did auto it put it to 100 again so i manually put 800. 

am i supposed to factory reset my r2 and then update it ? 

Update 2- i ended up factory resetting and increasing from 100 to 800 speed and adjusted all my filters and geos qos. Now im getting A+ rating on bufferbloat.

Played some eafc games and it was beautiful barely any packet loss game felt great didnt seem to get any higher ping than 24- 35 which is what i normally get so big W