Speed issues with Sky Q router

yeastral

Hello,

I'm having issues with my speeds when using the R2 router with my sky q modem. I get 10mbps max when all devices wireless and wired are connected to the R2. I tried resetting it and no luck. Then I plugged my PC directly into sky q router and the speeds have fixed themselves both wireless and wired. So why are my speeds low when only the R2 router is plugged into the first ethernet port of the sky q router? 

6 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Você inseriu suas velocidades esperadas nas configurações de largura de banda? Você poderia mudar o cabo que conecta o R2 ao hub Sky e ver se ele obtém melhores velocidades, então, por favor?

I have configured my R2 with pppoe but I am not getting my full bandwidth. I can only get my full bandwidth with QOS disabled. Do you have any explanation for this problem? Another question, I am receiving speeds well above my contracted plan. Do I have to configure the speeds that appear in the speedtest or the speeds that were contracted in R2? my firmware is 3.3.280.

• Administrators
12 minutes ago, Holz said:

I have configured my R2 with pppoe but I am not getting my full bandwidth. I can only get my full bandwidth with QOS disabled. Do you have any explanation for this problem? Another question, I am receiving speeds well above my contracted plan. Do I have to configure the speeds that appear in the speedtest or the speeds that were contracted in R2? my firmware is 3.3.280.

It's probably because of PPPoE but what speeds are you paying for/receiving without the R2? It's best to enter the speeds you're actually getting without the R2 connected

30 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

It's probably because of PPPoE but what speeds are you paying for/receiving without the R2? It's best to enter the speeds you're actually getting without the R2 connected

I have 500 down / 250 up contracted. My speeds go from 550/600 down and 350/400 up. I can only get these speeds with QOS disabled on R2. Do you have any tips for achieving these speeds with QOS active?

• Administrators
14 hours ago, Holz said:

I have 500 down / 250 up contracted. My speeds go from 550/600 down and 350/400 up. I can only get these speeds with QOS disabled on R2. Do you have any tips for achieving these speeds with QOS active?

Can you have your ISP modem/router handle PPPoE instead of the R2? That should then allow you to get full speeds with QoS enabled.

9 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Can you have your ISP modem/router handle PPPoE instead of the R2? That should then allow you to get full speeds with QoS enabled.

If I configure R2 with DHCP, won't I get double nat?

• 1 month later...