ReadyShare USB drive not found

Hi,

I'm not sure I understand...you don't have access to your 4TB WD HDD by plugging it behind the XR via USB3 on your PC? This may be due to the fact that the USB3 power supply on the XR is not powerful enough and it requires an external power supply to work!

The PNY SSD doesn't need as much power, which could explain this!

32 minutes ago, Fuzy said:

Hi,

I'm not sure I understand...you don't have access to your 4TB WD HDD by plugging it behind the XR via USB3 on your PC? This may be due to the fact that the USB3 power supply on the XR is not powerful enough and it requires an external power supply to work!

The PNY SSD doesn't need as much power, which could explain this!

That does make sense but the WD drive has it's own external power supply and is visible on the above mentioned DumaOS page.

OK,

You are on Mac, this may be due to the formatting of the HDD... It must be in NTFS.

Otherwise, I don't know, I never have a compatibility problem (apart from activating the smb1 protocol under W).

4 hours ago, Fuzy said:

OK,

You are on Mac, this may be due to the formatting of the HDD... It must be in NTFS.

Otherwise, I don't know, I never have a compatibility problem (apart from activating the smb1 protocol under W).

No, I'm on PC. And according to the manual, it can be other file systems besides NTFS. I'm just not sure why the XR only partially recognizes the drive.

Il y a 8 minutes, IrishNomad a dit :

Non, je suis sur PC. Et selon le manuel, il peut s'agir d'autres systèmes de fichiers que NTFS. Je ne sais tout simplement pas pourquoi le XR ne reconnaît que partiellement le lecteur.

Ok, this may come from the external WD box which is powered, or quite simply from the 4TB storage volume which cannot be taken into account (hardward limitation)...

You must keep in mind that the XR's "NAS" consumes resources and that it remains an accessory!

6 hours ago, Fuzy said:

Ok, this may come from the external WD box which is powered, or quite simply from the 4TB storage volume which cannot be taken into account (hardward limitation)...

You must keep in mind that the XR's "NAS" consumes resources and that it remains an accessory!

So basically, this drive is not fully compatible with the XR.