XR1000 issues

I have recently gone back to my XR1000 router after upgrading my internet to Virgin Media Gig1, here in the UK. I am running firmware 1.0.0.68 and it is connected to a Virgin Media Hub 5.

Since reverting from my Archer C7 with custom firmware I have had a few issues. I have three Netgear extenders (EAX12, EAX20, EAX50), whilst I don't need all of them, they are all exhibiting the same problem. They will all connect and appear green in the web admin, both in access point mode and extender, but they will not allow any internet connection and the internet connection light never comes on.

I have tried a several cables and factory resets but for all three to exhibit the same behaviour leads me to think it is the XR1000. I know there is some issue that has been mentioned with PPPoE.

I am getting poor speeds via hard wired ethernet and quite a lot of buffering with Virgin Media Stream and my TVs YouTube.

I have also had issues with address reservation disappearing and not sticking and just generally sluggish performance in general. I really hope the upcoming 3.3 firmware will much improve things as this is becoming untenable at this point, and extremely unreliable.

I reported it frequently during two beta tests and sadly the performance and slow responsiveness of the UI is yet to be improved.

• Administrators

Virgin don't use PPPoE so that won't be the issue here. Are the extenders receiving an IP address on the XR1000 Device Manager?

Have you set your expected speeds via Bandwidth Settings?

How are you doing the reservation exactly? Are you deleting any devices from the Device Manager? 

Disabling Armor, clearing browser cache/cookies and ensuring you're not accessing using HTTPS will speed up the interface.

We haven't released any betas for it since it's launch.

Yes, they receive an address.

Yes, I've tried both the recommended/detected speed settings and my own, expected speeds.

Via Settings>Lan Setup

I'll try that, thank you.

I was referring to the original hardware beta for the XR300, and the XR1000, in which I participated. However, if there is an upcoming beta, please put my name down.

• Administrators

Okay so there shouldn't be anything blocking their connection then unless you have Adblocker on, disable that and then see. If not it may be worth checking support for the extenders specifically to see what troubleshooting they recommend.

What are the actual speeds you're getting via ethernet through the 1000 to speedtest.net?

When are the rules disappearing, after doing something specific?

I am using Adblocker with a custom list, I'll try that. I also don't think I performed a factory reset from .64 to .68, so that's the nuclear option.

I'm seeing around 680/96Mbps.

They're disappearing after a reboot, I believe. Usually it just won't load the Lan Setup portion of the web admin, when it does, and I can't see any pattern to this at all, the entries are gone.

• Administrators
54 minutes ago, Dazeon12 said:

I am using Adblocker with a custom list, I'll try that. I also don't think I performed a factory reset from .64 to .68, so that's the nuclear option.

I'm seeing around 680/96Mbps.

They're disappearing after a reboot, I believe. Usually it just won't load the Lan Setup portion of the web admin, when it does, and I can't see any pattern to this at all, the entries are gone.

Okay yeah try it without the Adblocker and see if that works. If you disable QoS fully what do you get? Are you rebooting by pulling the power by any chance?