R2 consistently loses connection

FazeChungus

Every 8-36 hours the netduma R2 loses internet connection, and I can't login to the router admin page. The only way I can fix it is by power cycling it. Haven't tried getting logs because I can't even log in until I power cycle it. I tried enabling STP and giving my devices reserved IP's below the IP .50 range. While this might be a placebo, I noticed a slightly longer duration of stability. The longest is 2 straight days without softlocking.

Can I get access to the beta firmware or should I roll back to a much earlier firmware? I don't think I had these problems with 3.2 firmware.

• FazeChungus changed the title to R2 consistently loses connection
  • Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

It could be a DHCP lease issue, extend the lease hours to 168, apply, reboot from the interface and see if it goes longer without the disconnect.

You can sign up to the beta here: https://forum.netduma.com/topic/39415-introducing-early-access/

40 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Hey, welcome to the forum!

It could be a DHCP lease issue, extend the lease hours to 168, apply, reboot from the interface and see if it goes longer without the disconnect.

You can sign up to the beta here: https://forum.netduma.com/topic/39415-introducing-early-access/

I'm pretty sure I signed up in March when I made this account, never got a response. 

Will change the DHCP lease to 168 to see if it helps.

Well after trying out the most recent beta firmware and waiting for a 168 hour dhcp lease to expire, I can gladly say that the new firmware fixed my disconnection issues. Whatever the cause for those disconnections was it seems to be fixed.

Hopefully newer updates do not cause a regression.

Thank you for your help Fraser, I hope this beta firmware rolls out to anyone out there having issues soon. The disconnection issues had been plaguing me since 3.3 dropped if not earlier.

dumaos.jpg

I guess I spoke too soon, on the 8th day of uptime my router finally went unresponsive and disconnected. Had to power cycle it to make it work again.
Still, this week was the longest I've gone without this problem since 3.3 launched.

I'm still not sure if it's a DHCP lease issue or maybe a memory leak that is slightly better in this beta build compared to previous builds and takes a while longer before softlocking.

Any setting changes I could do to try alleviate disconnections or extend uptime would be appreciated.

• Administrators

Did you have access to the router when the disconnect happened? If so if you can grab the log from the Sys Info page when it happens that may give us some ideas.

Some people who are having the issue have changed the DHCP lease time to 10 minutes, while this seems counter intuitive it seems to have worked for them. It is something we're looking into overall though.

• Administrators
48 minutes ago, kboogie23 said:

Fraser how can I get access to the early access, I having a major drop out with the R2 connected. 

You'll need to sign up here: https://forum.netduma.com/topic/39415-introducing-early-access/ then we can give you access so you can see if that resolves your issue

• Administrators
24 minutes ago, pantera said:

It seems the smart qos causes this issue for me even in the Beta. It won't allow me to log into EA games. NHL 23.

If you specifically prioritize it does it work? If not if you have no priorities/favorites does it work?

• 1 month later...