XR300 Address Reservations, 400 Bad Request?

Lately I have been trying to setup my network to have the same IP's on all devices in my home to make it easier to manage. However, sometimes I can find the device in the LAN setup and address reservation list, however it will have an IP and a MAC address to help me identify it, but sometimes the name of the device is just --. Now when I try to add it first, I don't mess with anything other than add and apply. However, when I want to edit the device name from just being blank, it always in someway or another gives me an error "400 Bad Request" and I have no idea what is acceptable and what guidelines are. How do I go about doing this properly so I can identify the proper devices and such in the list? Thank you!

• Administrators

Just to clarify you're trying to give every device the same IP address e.g. phone 192.168.1.10, TV 192.168.1.10 etc?

If you have managed to do that then that is likely the problem, you cannot give every device the same IP address, so I would suggest a factory reset and then not trying to change them to the same IP.

I'm sorry for not being more clear. I'm trying to give each device it's own address reservation. FireTv 192.168.1.54, ps5 192.168.1.55, laptop 192.168.1.56 for example. However, I can add them via the radio button, but when I tried to edit the device name so I could identify instead of blank, it gives bad request. I'm not touching anything else, just trying to give the device names. 

They already have names in the device manager, but when it pulls up a list of IPs you can add, there's only a few and the device name is - -. 

If I have taken the time to name every device in device manager, why is it okay to have different "device names" in the LAN section? Won't things become confusing or is it just a completely seperate section? 

• Administrators
34 minutes ago, orbit said:

If I have taken the time to name every device in device manager, why is it okay to have different "device names" in the LAN section? Won't things become confusing or is it just a completely seperate section? 

Essentially different sections, we use our own methods to detect device names and allow you to name them and the LAN section doesn't use our methods. As Settings is completely on the Netgear side I think it would have been a lot of work to try and merge them in that way and as most of the settings changes done on the router will be on the DumaOS side it doesn't come up as an issue too much - except of course in this scenario where it hasn't detected the names of your devices very well.