Warzone 2

Something has always been wrong with my xr500. It sometimes searches upwards to a 200 ms ping. Even when i turn off QOS and GEO filtering off which tells me it's something In my advanced settings they i cannot quite understand. I'm on a gigabit connection thru spectrum. I've checked the timezone which is eastern United states. My friends get quick matches and yet with everything off it takes several minutes for me to find a match. Often times it will take me to a very laggy server. I do play with all sorts of people across the United States and Canada. 

Windows 11

10800k i9 10 core liquid cooled 

4080 gpu

32 gigs of 4000 mhz gaming ram

On a z490 carbon msi board

• Administrators

Hello, welcome to the forum!

Could you provide a screenshot of a completed Connection Benchmark test please? Could you also provide a screenshot of the QoS & Geo-Filter settings you normally use? 

What is the model of the modem/router the XR is connected to and are ALL devices connected to the XR?

It's possible that your Activision account has been shadowbanned or caught in a shadowban loop. I've come across several Reddit posts where people describe experiencing the same symptoms and I personally have experienced it. Recently, I went through the ordeal of being wrongfully shadowbanned and am currently permanently banned. Their anti-cheat or kernel-level driver is broken, along with their reporting system, resulting in the unjust banning of innocent individuals. Their player support is among the worst compared to any gaming company out there. It's impossible to get anyone to respond to a ticket or complaint with any investigation or ban to your account.

I hope that your issue is unrelated to mine. I wouldn't wish that on anyone. However, if you do find out that you are facing the same problem, reply and I'll share the steps I've already taken so you can either follow the same process or avoid wasting your time.

Cheers and GL

On 5/26/2023 at 10:10 AM, Netduma Fraser said:

Hello, welcome to the forum!

Could you provide a screenshot of a completed Connection Benchmark test please? Could you also provide a screenshot of the QoS & Geo-Filter settings you normally use? 

What is the model of the modem/router the XR is connected to and are ALL devices connected to the XR?

It's an XR500 nighthawk. 

16852749217758151762187794900472.jpg

16852749508624563212578507561171.jpg

16852749997988569090983305715510.jpg

16852751241261272593963075876610.jpg

On 5/26/2023 at 7:21 PM, AZX said:

It's possible that your Activision account has been shadowbanned or caught in a shadowban loop. I've come across several Reddit posts where people describe experiencing the same symptoms and I personally have experienced it. Recently, I went through the ordeal of being wrongfully shadowbanned and am currently permanently banned. Their anti-cheat or kernel-level driver is broken, along with their reporting system, resulting in the unjust banning of innocent individuals. Their player support is among the worst compared to any gaming company out there. It's impossible to get anyone to respond to a ticket or complaint with any investigation or ban to your account.

I hope that your issue is unrelated to mine. I wouldn't wish that on anyone. However, if you do find out that you are facing the same problem, reply and I'll share the steps I've already taken so you can either follow the same process or avoid wasting your time.

Cheers and GL

Someone at work was suggesting this too. It just seems that i need to put twice as many bullets into other players then they do which often times lands me losing the fight. I'll have to do some research on this

• Administrators

Thank you for the screenshots, for starters go to Device Manager, click the :menu icon and delete offline devices. You have a ridiculous amount shown and it looks like a lot of them are duplicates and no longer used. Are you using Always or Auto Enable for Congestion Control? Also a screenshot of the full Geo-Filter Map would be helpful alongside Traffic Prioritization.

Based on your Connection Benchmark results your base ping is fairly high and does having spikes which isn't a great place to start, that being said it looks like Ping Under Load can be improved. It's best to start with a high value for Congestion Control, say 95% then do a test, decrease by 10%, test, decrease by 10% etc, until you get to a value that is pretty good and then try 5% either side of that value to see if it can be improved. It's important to note that Download & Upload on Congestion Control don't have to be the same value and that you may have a better experience with differing values.

On 5/28/2023 at 1:07 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

Thank you for the screenshots, for starters go to Device Manager, click the :menu icon and delete offline devices. You have a ridiculous amount shown and it looks like a lot of them are duplicates and no longer used. Are you using Always or Auto Enable for Congestion Control? Also a screenshot of the full Geo-Filter Map would be helpful alongside Traffic Prioritization.

Based on your Connection Benchmark results your base ping is fairly high and does having spikes which isn't a great place to start, that being said it looks like Ping Under Load can be improved. It's best to start with a high value for Congestion Control, say 95% then do a test, decrease by 10%, test, decrease by 10% etc, until you get to a value that is pretty good and then try 5% either side of that value to see if it can be improved. It's important to note that Download & Upload on Congestion Control don't have to be the same value and that you may have a better experience with differing values.

I've tried circling only the east coast servers since i live in ny but it seems like it breaks outside my zone and connects me to servers that I'm hearing all Spanish people talk

16854376982442726688953472448418.jpg

• Administrators
4 hours ago, Cbstyles68 said:

I've tried circling only the east coast servers since i live in ny but it seems like it breaks outside my zone and connects me to servers that I'm hearing all Spanish people talk

Disable Fast Search and then it will force it just to the area you have selected.

On 5/28/2023 at 1:07 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

I used a buffer bloat webpage last night to give me a better score on buffer bloat. When i can I'll eliminate fast search and see where that gets me tonight. Thanks for the help