isp didnt provide a modem looking for recommendations for PPPoe

dizzy

hey guys ok i have the xr500 im looking for a modem in the uk that will work well for PPPOE/VLaN tagging my internet provider didnt supply one when i got FTTP fiber and im seeing alot of talk about using a modem for optimal results right now i am plugging my XR500 directly into the ONT if anyone could suggest some that can support 1000mbps down and 1000mbps up that would be great thanks

• dizzy changed the title to isp didnt provide a modem looking for recommendations for PPPoe
  • Administrators

We don't have any specific recommendations but you'll want a modem/router / gateway as a pure modem won't support that functionality. As long as it supports your speeds and has those options it won't matter too much as you'll just have all traffic go straight through to the XR.

i cant find nothing thats why i ask haha only thing iv heard of is a fritzbox 7350 because someone asked if i wanted to buy it lol and im having packet burst in cod which maybe its because of not having a modem or its the servers because i dont expirience it anywhere else

• Administrators
30 minutes ago, dizzy said:

i cant find nothing thats why i ask haha only thing iv heard of is a fritzbox 7350 because someone asked if i wanted to buy it lol and im having packet burst in cod which maybe its because of not having a modem or its the servers because i dont expirience it anywhere else

This article might help: https://www.lifewire.com/best-cable-modem-router-combos-to-buy-4082541

If it's just limited to one game then that would indicate it's the game rather than anything on your side

6 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

This article might help: https://www.lifewire.com/best-cable-modem-router-combos-to-buy-4082541

If it's just limited to one game then that would indicate it's the game rather than anything on your side

just bought the fritzbox 7350 hopefully it will do its job while you guys work on pppoe