Adblocker - viewing default adblock profiles

Telstra Smartmodem 3 with DumaOS activated. I enabled the adblocking feature but am having trouble with videos playing on several websites (sbs.com.au/ondemand for example). Is there anywhere I can view the contents of the default adblocker profiles so I can customise them for my own purposes?

• Administrators

Hello, welcome to the forum!

There is no way to edit the existing lists but if there are any sites that you wish to be blocked/unblocked you can add it to the Blacklist/Whitelist and that will override the default list for that particular site.

11 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

... but if there are any sites that you wish to be blocked/unblocked you can add it to the Blacklist/Whitelist and that will override the default list for that particular site.

That's the trouble, adding the site to the whitelist doesn't work, which is why I was hoping to view the contents of the default lists so I could work out why it is being blocked.  If I use an adblocker on my browser, like uBlock Origin, the videos play.

• Administrators

Ahh I see, if you let us know the site you're having trouble with in particular I can have the team take a look to see if it's blocking when it shouldn't be and either remove it from the list to prevent other people having the issue or give you the domain to add to the whitelist specifically.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

No not necessarily, the one I mentioned is the only URL for that site present in the list, it may be there are other URLs used when using that service. The best thing to do would be to attempt to load content on that site, then have a look at the Adblocker page and you should see the URLs that are being blocked at that time, then add them one by one to the whitelist and see which one works. Then let us know what it is and we can get that whitelisted overall so others don't have the same issue.