Ping Heat map and Geo filter both not working.

So I just setup the router, these features are the main reason I bought it so it's a dead investment if I can't get it fixed.

Can't access the cloud (whatever that is), and the ping center shown is far away from where I actually am on the map. And that force update thing on the heatmap just tells me the process is taking longer than expected, try again later.

So I don't know what other relevant info I can give, but my Nat is reading as double Nat (I don't mind that status, just putting it out there in case it may be relevant to the issues), hopefully there is a solution that doesn't involve messing with the ISP modem/router. their customer service is slow so if I screw up my connection I'll end up all the way down for like a week...

Screen Shot 2023-05-07 at 11.24.49 AM.png

Screen Shot 2023-05-07 at 11.23.49 AM.png

• Administrators

I believe it may be due to a cloud update we put out, I will be getting the team to revert this on Tuesday (holiday on Monday in England) and that should resolve it. You should still be able to use the Geo-Filter though, you can click the pin icon to place your location on the map. Just to double check though, is the internet port on the router connected to the modem and not the LAN port?

Just to double check though, is the internet port on the router connected to the modem and not the LAN port?

Well the full outline from the modem to the router is as follows:

Modem port labeled "Ethernet" (1 of 4) > Ethernet 4 way spliter > Nighthawk router port labeled "Internet"

As for pinning anything, I may have been able to, but without me doing anymore than just loading the geofilter page up again, a new error is now popping up and instantly reappears when I click OK, so I cannot interact with anything on the page.....linking a screenshot...

Screen Shot 2023-05-07 at 12.04.50 PM.png

• Administrators

If you do a Connection Benchmark, does it complete successfully? I think partly what might be blocking the Geo-Filter at least is the double NAT, are you able to access the ISP modem/router? If so copy the WAN IP from the XR System Information page, then access the modem and find the DMZ option and paste the IP in - it won't cause any issues you'd need to call about. Once you've done that reboot the XR from the interface, wait 2 minutes then see if you can use the Geo-Filter without error.

2 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

If you do a Connection Benchmark, does it complete successfully? I think partly what might be blocking the Geo-Filter at least is the double NAT, are you able to access the ISP modem/router? If so copy the WAN IP from the XR System Information page, then access the modem and find the DMZ option and paste the IP in - it won't cause any issues you'd need to call about. Once you've done that reboot the XR from the interface, wait 2 minutes then see if you can use the Geo-Filter without error.

Yes the Benchmark completes.

And the error I posted previously, that persistently popped up vanished randomly as mysteriously as it appeared without me performing any actions beyond loading the the page again. And with that I attempted to pin a new location on the geofilter as you suggested and I get a new error everytime I attempt that.

Yes I can acces the ISP info, along with screenshots on the netduma stuff previously mentioned, I posted something from the ISP interface. I don't see anything listed as "WAN IP" is anything in the image I posted the equivalent to that?

Screen Shot 2023-05-07 at 3.09.47 PM.png

Screen Shot 2023-05-07 at 3.19.50 PM.png

Screen Shot 2023-05-07 at 3.13.48 PM.png

42 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

The System Information page on the XR, it's two under Connection Benchmark on the left, you'll see the WAN IP on that page that you can then put into the DMZ on the modem

Okay, I think we're on the same page with the DMZ stuff, sent a screenshot of the current state of that to confirm if it's the right thing.

Then I rebooted, took a walk, bought a soda, and the state is the same, all errors are there currently, including the mysterious massive wall of text error. The benchmark still completes with the same letter grades as before. 

info that may or may not be useful is everything day to day networking is functioning just as they did before setting up the router, haven't noticed any differences for better or for worse.

Screen Shot 2023-05-07 at 4.56.45 PM.png

• Administrators

If that's the WAN IP the XR is showing then all good on that front. 

By the looks of it the ethernet cables you're using may be limited to 100Mbps, if you provide a screenshot of the XR Device Manager in the table view I can say for sure.

Regarding the errors then it must be the cloud issue I mentioned then, in which case we'll get that resolved on Tues.

6 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

If that's the WAN IP the XR is showing then all good on that front. 

By the looks of it the ethernet cables you're using may be limited to 100Mbps, if you provide a screenshot of the XR Device Manager in the table view I can say for sure.

Regarding the errors then it must be the cloud issue I mentioned then, in which case we'll get that resolved on Tues.

OK thanks for the help, keep me posted on when the cloud update happens.

Table view of the device manager screenshot as requested.

Screen Shot 2023-05-07 at 6.09.13 PM.png

• Administrators

Should happen Tuesday afternoon UK time, then it may take an hour or so for the router to download the update, if not resync the cloud, then give it a reboot and it should be working, if not let us know!

Okay all good on that front, if you're getting expected speeds through speedtest.net for example then that's fine. Make sure ALL devices are connected to the XR, then you can experiment with QoS to find the best settings for your network.

OK, I just got a chance to dive in to what actually works.

Geofilter, seems to work fine, the ping heat map page still has not loaded however.

I tested the geofilter at least with coldwar, got an 86 ping lobby with the filter off and a 46 ping lobby when I turned it on, so 1st impression is really good, almost twice as good of a lobby, and it actually found a game faster than when I had left it off. Small sample size but again, great 1st impression. But I can't help but wonder how good of ping I'm able to get as a best case scenario, and I need to see the ping heat map for that....

Screen Shot 2023-05-10 at 1.27.46 AM.png

5-10-2023_4-20-55_AM-fkmhj2hh.png

5-10-2023_4-20-36_AM-wastjeow.png

I just bought the XR1000 on Monday and I haven't got the ping heat map to work either. I'm running XR1000 1.0.0.68 firmware released from netgear. I've tried downgrading firmwares, I've factory reset multiple times, etc. Are the cloud servers still down?