AdBlock is not working on XR1000

I'm on the latest firmware. QOS is enabled. I have added the default list from the NetDuma site and the whole PiHole blacklist and the only thing so far reporting that it's blocking metrics.icloud.com. Queries are zero on every device.

That link is the first list I loaded. I looked on the NetDuma site to set it up. something.com and sometired.com that is in the blacklist file both loaded. Queries show nothing blocked for this machine. It's only blocking stuff on my Apple TV's & TV's. Which doesn't make any since to me as nothing is being browsed on those.

• Administrators

It's a small file so it shouldn't be having trouble with that, I see you have a lot of lists there, how big were the lists precisely in Mb? If it's too big Adblocker can get into a weird state which I think is what may have happened here

I tried adding a list as file with just the default loaded as a url. So that is not the issue. I also just had this router not save a ip address I permanently assigned. 

Will the the Geo Filer still work if I change this to AP mode?

• Administrators
1 hour ago, rogerb45365 said:

I tried adding a list as file with just the default loaded as a url. So that is not the issue. I also just had this router not save a ip address I permanently assigned. 

Will the the Geo Filer still work if I change this to AP mode?

As in the first time you used the feature you just used the one we recommended and it didn't work right away?

No you'll lose all features by putting it in AP mode.

It may be best to do a factory reset then try again with the Adblocker list

Yes I deleted all the lists and tried to upload the default only it would not complete the upload. I tried this before I even posted on here. I'm not doing a factory reset. Every time I do a factory reset I have to manually reconfigure the whole router because this router will never load the backup settings from the the file. My last nighthawk always loaded the backup if I had a problem which was almost never after the first year I had it. Then all my devices are offline for a while while I have to go through the settings. Then if I want to use the QOS I have to set that up again and then the Geo Filter again and so on. I honestly believe I got a lemon or they underpowered this router. I will go a different route for ad blocking it's not worth it. 

• Administrators

That's fair enough, I can understand why you wouldn't want to do a reset, I do think it's got itself into a weird state and so it won't work without that reset. It's possible re-upgrading the firmware might clear it, you could try that as it would be less disruptive and then if it doesn't work try the alternate methods you mentioned.