High ping Warzone 2

Hello netduma Community. 

I really wonder if you could help me solving my problem. 

I live in Portugal and have a pretty solid Internet connection and play with an average ping of 55 on the European  servers of warzone 2.

But time by time, especially when I play with friends (from Norway, Turkey or Germany for example ), I end up with a 145ms ping and stuttering. (yesterday every game for 4 hours in a row). 

I made dozens of speed test, removed wifi devices, disabled wifi, unplugged the TV. Nothing seems to help. 

So I connected again my xr500 and checked the Cod warzone 2.0 servers on the ping heat map. 

In whole Europe I can reach a low ping. But the French server... 125ms.

Even connected to America I can get a lower ping. 

Did anybody else experienced this kind of situation? 

Of course I can avoid playing on the French servers thx to the polygon mode but when I play with friends, or I am not the party leader, I end up having those issues again. 

Thank you all for your help. 

Wishing you a wonderful morning, day or night. 

Copacabanah 

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

If the issue is the server locations you're playing on and you're unable to use the Geo-Filter if you're not the party leader for example then there isn't anything you can do. It would be best to try and get party leader every time so you can all benefit from playing on a server that you'll all have a decent connection to.

Hello Sir😊

Thank you for your prompt reply! 

I was hoping that there was another solution. It's just weird that there is just an issue with the french server connection. Well, it's probably really in the hand of Activision😅

Anyway, as you already mentioned. Thanks to your provided hardware I am able to have a very smooth online experience with the geo filter option. 

By the way. Somehow the Qos on the router, even when I am alone at home and nothing is connected to the wifi, is helping with the stuttering at a 145ms ping. 

Sometimes we think it's just marketing but in this case... 

Thank you Netduma ❤️

Have a great night, 

Copacabanah 

• Administrators

Yep sorry about that, just best to avoid that server all together! It's possible it is mislocated on the map though so if you can provide the ID of that French server I can double check.

That's great to hear and thanks for the kind words! You have a great night too!