Random Disconnects

MrBPaul

Anyone else having random disconnects and reconnects repeatedly? I'm on latest firmware on the R2 and been having instances where it's trying to connect outside of filter to Australia and USA Servers.

I have upgraded to the latest firmware on the early access and still getting disconnects. Even tried my R1 and still the exact same issues. It seems to me like the Xbox Series X just doesn't like the Netduma being connected at all. Hopefully you guy's can come up with a solution because as is my Netduma routers are just expensive paperweights at this point.

• Administrators

It's unlikely that you would notice the issue on two different routers. Could you expand on your issues please?

On 3/11/2023 at 8:32 PM, MrBPaul said:

Anyone else having random disconnects and reconnects repeatedly?

Is this referring to all devices losing internet or losing a connection to a game?

On 3/11/2023 at 8:32 PM, MrBPaul said:

Where it's trying to connect outside of filter to Australia and USA Servers.

Is this a separate issue or the same issue? Should be resolved by doing this:

1. Quit the application/game/client completely
  2. Remove device from the Geo-Filter
  3. Resync from the Geo-Filter Map menu
  4. Re-add the device to the Geo-Filter with the manual option
  5. Set up the Geo-Filter how you like
  6. Wait 2 minutes
  7. Boot up application/game/client

Then see if it works better.

23 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

It's unlikely that you would notice the issue on two different routers. Could you expand on your issues please?

Is this referring to all devices losing internet or losing a connection to a game?

Is this a separate issue or the same issue? Should be resolved by doing this:

1. Quit the application/game/client completely
  2. Remove device from the Geo-Filter
  3. Resync from the Geo-Filter Map menu
  4. Re-add the device to the Geo-Filter with the manual option
  5. Set up the Geo-Filter how you like
  6. Wait 2 minutes
  7. Boot up application/game/client

Then see if it works better.

I've tried this multiple times but to no avail. It's only when using the Geo filter as thought I had it sorted, then as soon as put Xbox in Geo Filter the disconnects started happening again. I'll give it one last shot at trying these steps but i'm not very hopeful it'll work.

I've tried the steps mentioned but still getting disconnects and it trying to connect to South America and west coast America. The Austrailia server seems to have stopped trying to connect.

Here's 2 screenshots of the geo filter page on my R2. I was on xbox today and had Twitch on PC and the connection only dropped on the xbox. Seems to be an issue with the xbox being in the geo filter possibly.

20230327_220704.jpg

20230327_224041.jpg

• Administrators

When you mean disconnects do you mean it's actually losing internet access and your dashboard doesn't load correctly for example or it's kicking you out of a game but the console still has internet?

The cable from ISP router to R2 is same cable I use when only using ISP router and don't have any issues when not using the R2. I've tried another cable and same problem, however I'll try a different port on the r2 as only been using port 1 and see what happens.

So today I tried using Port 2 instead of port 1 for ethernet to the Xbox and so far, all seems well. There must be a fault with port 1 on the R2 or something and I'm going to guess my R1 is also faulty on that port seeing as I had same issues with it. If any further problems I'll let you know. Appreciate the help with this and looking forward to the next Router (R3?!) that you guy's bring out.