Ethernet not working (XR1000)

Hi guys, hoping someone can help me. I currently have 2 ethernets in the back of my XR1000, they work fine but when I plug my TP links in through ethernet or just another ethernet all my WiFi devices don't work and my ethernets stop working but the XR1000 still shows it having Internet. Can this not handle 3 ethernets at once? Or is it down to device priority? (Turning that off) if anyone has any advice! Thank you.

Hi! So basically 2 and 3 ports are working. But whenever I plug into port 1 it like shorts the wifi on the router and there is no Internet coming out the router. I've just turned off the network priority and tried port 4 which is working. Not sure why port 1 shorts the Internet though.

• Administrators

Do other devices connected still continue to work or is it just when connecting the TP Link? Is the TP link connected to your modem as well or is it only connected to the XR?

Just to clarify, is the internet port/yellow port from the XR connected to your modem?

If I connect any ethernet device to port 1 it stops the router giving Internet out. Port 2-4 are all working fine. Its any device I ethernet into port one just stops Internet coming from the router for other ethernet devices and wireless devices. I have to reboot the modem and the router. Yes the Internet port is plugged in with the ethernet what came with the router.