Suggestion: IP filter

I know the primary purpose is gaming, but as it's also meant to be a primary (or sole) home router, it'd be nice to have the ability to not only forward ports, but assign IP filters to specific ports (i.e., be able to limit inbound traffic to a given port to one or more IPs or CIDR blocks).

E.g., say I've got a webcam on my LAN, with port 80 forwarded.  It'd be desirable to specify that only traffic from certain addresses or address ranges be allowed to connect to that port. 

I realize this has the potential for the user to royally screw things up, but then so does port forwarding in general.

I know the primary purpose is gaming, but as it's also meant to be a primary (or sole) home router, it'd be nice to have the ability to not only forward ports, but assign IP filters to specific ports (i.e., be able to limit inbound traffic to a given port to one or more IPs or CIDR blocks).

E.g., say I've got a webcam on my LAN, with port 80 forwarded.  It'd be desirable to specify that only traffic from certain addresses or address ranges be allowed to connect to that port. 

I realize this has the potential for the user to royally screw things up, but then so does port forwarding in general.

i like this idea, but i'd be worried about the screw up part...since it is currently user friendly to the max...

i like this idea, but i'd be worried about the screw up part...since it is currently user friendly to the max...

Good point, I guess it could stay as is with the addition of an advanced checkbox to open up more options for people who need them.

Archived