XR1000 - WiFi / connectivity issues

Hi there,

I bought a new XR1000 recently. We are struggling with WiFi devices mainly, certain devices can't connect, certain devices work fine, and when running a speed test, we are getting extremely low speeds compared to what is expected. Our wired devices get a perfect speed, however they do take some time to establish an internet connection. For example when we turn our PC on with a wired connection, it states no internet, then after a few minutes it will find internet, once established it's fine and speeds are normal.

I have also noticed it's really slow to load up routerlogin.com, especially the settings within the routerlogin.com menu page - I am not sure if this is normal?

Setup

We have 900 upload and 900 download with G Network. They provide a Nokia router, which they have setup in bridge mode. We do not have access to the router settings now its been configured in bridge mode. 

We also have an EX8000, this is currently wired in, however it's configured as a wifi repeater. 

Troubleshooting tried

When running a speed test on the netduma connection benchmark it also is fine and producing good results.

We have tried a factory reset. We have also tried to switch the Gnetwork nokia router on/off and this hasn't fixed the issue either.

We have disabled QOS, re-ran a Speedtest, and enabled QOS - this hasn't resolved the issue. 

Few screen shots below as well, which highlights wifi speed not performing well.

Any other suggestions?

thumbnail_Screenshot_20230123_204551_One UI Home.jpg

thumbnail_Screenshot_20230123_204539_Samsung Internet.jpg

Netduma connection benchmark.PNG

Setting not loading.PNG

• L880NN changed the title to XR1000 - WiFi / connectivity issues
  • Administrators

In WiFi Settings I would suggest disabling Smart Connect and connecting devices to either 2.4GHz or 5GHz - some devices have trouble with the automatic switching the router does. Also change the mode on the 5GHz WiFi to 2400Mbps instead, this seems to resolve the issues for lots of people.

For slow loading, are you using Armor? Is your browser forcing HTTPS?

Hey Fraser!

Thanks for your quick response as always. 

Smart Connect is disabled. I am not using Armor no. I am using Chrome on my pc and I have cleared cache as per another thread I was reading and it's still not loading, at all. I can only access settings tab properly on my Mobile at the moment. 

**Update** The above is now resolved from removing adblocker on my browser!!

However Wifi is still an issue:

I have changed the 5Ghz Wifi to 2165mbps down from 4330. 

However still I am getting slow speeds on my mobile, phone is right next to the router and I am getting 68 down and 79up. Against speed test on wired connection 645 down and 906 up. The download wired speed is 300 mbs off what my ASUS AX11000 router was outputting, but that broke down recently, hence me coming back to Netduma.

Let me know if there is anything else you can help me tweak? Thank you!