"Platform not supported"

gbchew

""This Platform is not supported by DumaOS"

Android app suddenly useless?  Non-helpful error message claims unspecified platform newly unsupported. 

Which platform, and why, and why is this error message so pointlessly vague?

• R1 3.0.207
  • DumaMobile.Droid 1.2.1
  • Motorola G7 Power
  • Android 10, build QPOS30.85-23-7

Attempted fixes:

• App cache and storage wiped
  • App deleted
  • Phone restarted
  • App reinstalled
  • Phone restarted
  • Router restarted

13 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

It's because you're on the R1, this will be resolved in the next mobile app versions.

Okay...so when is that planned? And how many versions away is that support?

You folks seem to go out of your way to stay vague and avoid communicating vital information.

You make it really hard to justify dropping the $$$ for any of the newer NetDuma products when you treat your earliest supporters with such contempt.

• Administrators

We don't give out any ETAs, they are always subject to change, we develop, test, fix, repeat, once it's at a stage where testing has gone well then it can be released. I believe it will be the next app version, I can double check with the dev on Monday. I'm not going out of my way to be vague, that is the only information I have to give you at this current time, sorry if you feel I am treating you with contempt, the R1 not working with that app version was an oversight that will be resolved.

• 1 month later...

Hmm I have the same issue at hand though on the mobile app though as a R1 user since the past version the R1 had to work but now in it’s current state of the app version it won’t work so I’ll just use the laptop for adjustments no problem but it would be neat for the app to work though I hope that you have the fix soon thanks

AAB8951B-30E0-46E2-82F9-F62D14EB3AF1.png

• Administrators
51 minutes ago, T-sun said:

Hmm I have the same issue at hand though on the mobile app though as a R1 user since the past version the R1 had to work but now in it’s current state of the app version it won’t work so I’ll just use the laptop for adjustments no problem but it would be neat for the app to work though I hope that you have the fix soon thanks

We certainly will get that done though quite a few of the features on the app won't work as the R1 doesn't have the firmware to support them

7 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

We certainly will get that done though quite a few of the features on the app won't work as the R1 doesn't have the firmware to support them

You mentioned some features that won’t work on the R1 router hmm interesting I wonder what are the features though but should I say they will work on the newer router? Like R2 router? (Sorry if I had to ask it from here though) 

But anyway I hope that it could work soon thanks.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, T-sun said:

You mentioned some features that won’t work on the R1 router hmm interesting I wonder what are the features though but should I say they will work on the newer router? Like R2 router? (Sorry if I had to ask it from here though) 

But anyway I hope that it could work soon thanks.

Things like priority boost for example, yes they would work with the R2 as it has the firmware to support it