Congestion control issue

Hi so I have a problem with the congestion control, in trying to lower the download and upload bandwidths for better bufferbloat. Iv enabled it to always and have lowered the sliders. But when I do a broadband speed test it's getting the full speed still. 

• Administrators

Until the fix is available connect your BT router, then the XR to that, input the PPPoE details into the BT router, take the WAN IP from the XR System Information page and put that in the BT router DMZ and you should be good to go.

Hi Fraser.

Just wondering if this congestion control problem will actually get fixed?. I purchased the xr1000 on release and was having the same problem then, so i sent it back.

Yesterday i purchased the xr1000 again. I was hoping this time things would be a lot better, but turns out just the same.

I never had a problem with my netduma or xr500.

Im on a fiber connection (pppoe) xr1000 connected to ONT.

Problems im having.

.Congestion control not limiting 

. Mega slow interface (Takes ages to load anything)

. Nothing seems to appy, just says taking to long or something about r-apps

• Administrators
56 minutes ago, Hotchin88 said:

Hi Fraser.

Just wondering if this congestion control problem will actually get fixed?. I purchased the xr1000 on release and was having the same problem then, so i sent it back.

Yesterday i purchased the xr1000 again. I was hoping this time things would be a lot better, but turns out just the same.

I never had a problem with my netduma or xr500.

Im on a fiber connection (pppoe) xr1000 connected to ONT.

Problems im having.

.Congestion control not limiting 

. Mega slow interface (Takes ages to load anything)

. Nothing seems to appy, just says taking to long or something about r-apps

As far as I know it is fixed in the next version. If you're using Armor disable that, it may slow down the interface. Also ensure you're not forcing a connection to the interface using HTTPS as that will slow it down as well.

Not sure what you mean when you say about forcing https ?

When i do auto setup on congestion control, its says leave it at 100% on download and upload. will it say that because its not working properly ?

i get 500 down and 100 up .

• Administrators

We're still improving Auto Setup so it may recommend that from time to time, if it does just apply Congestion Control manually - if you can use another router to handle PPPoE then CC will work correctly. Some browsers force HTTPS, check if your browser does this, then disable it if you can.