Add a Topic on the Main board that is Support

Guest Netduma_Iain

Hi abc,

I was actually going to ask your opinion on how we can handle support better on here. For example on the support forum, close threads, enforce proper titles, get people to read the answer bank some how? Create more videos, I don't know but we need to do something as more people get here. Have you got any suggestions?

I think some mods to move threads / keep the place tidy, bring threads into support to leave you Netduma guys free to answer if required. Basically take ABC idea and bring everything into one place.

Then as a sticky, refer everyone to answer bank before posting a possible query that is already answered? I don't mind repeating myself but it could get hectic here as things seem to be going well for Netduma so far (which is great) :)

Just my opinion but i agree 100 %,if there is one section just for support it would probably be easier and faster for you guys to address the support issues.I'm still new here on the forums but it does seem to be pretty organized as far as the site goes.The posts are pretty much under the right categories and the info is easy to find.As i'm sure you guys know the more product you sell the more people and posts you're gonna have on the forums.So things aren't gonna be as tidy as they were at launch or after your first couple of batches of duma's.But i gotta say the duma crew does an incredible job of staying on top of the forums and if we can do things to make that task easier for you guys,i'm sure everyone would be on board.

There is a section for support, people tend to post questions all over the place its human nature.

I am waiting to address a few issues with support forums but cant atm due to "reasons"

but short of an announcement stating support questions will only be answered if posted in the correct forum by Netduma staff  , there's not much else we can do im afraid 

There is a section for support, people tend to post questions all over the place its human nature.

I am waiting to address a few issues with support forums but cant atm due to "reasons"

but short of an announcement stating support questions will only be answered if posted in the correct forum by Netduma staff  , there's not much else we can do im afraid 

post-168-0-87951900-1421025448_thumb.png

I see that you have support and you broke it apart into multiple sections...I'd recommend just one area for support (1 topic/section).  Then the use of Titles to mention what type of issue it is:

Support >

"Title = [Network] How should I setup my network?"

That type of thing, chat doesn't seem to be a good system currently for support because there isn't a way to limit who is speaking with who...it's just a FFA.

You also might want to switch to a support ticket system instead of the current forum only support.

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2015-01-11 at 8.16.57 PM.png

I see that you have support and you broke it apart into multiple sections...I'd recommend just one area for support (1 topic/section).  Then the use of Titles to mention what type of issue it is:

Support >

"Title = [Network] How should I setup my network?"

That type of thing, chat doesn't seem to be a good system currently for support because there isn't a way to limit who is speaking with who...it's just a FFA.

You also might want to switch to a support ticket system instead of the current forum only support.

chat has a private message system which is where one to one support is given

im not following what you mean by title=  ect

but the support forums as is are staying as is broken down into topics 

support tickets is something i personally do not like they are just a way for companies to skirt support directly. I would much prefer peopl either tweet or post here that way they get a human reply a lot faster 

chat has a private message system which is where one to one support is given

im not following what you mean by title=  ect

but the support forums as is are staying as is broken down into topics 

support tickets is something i personally do not like they are just a way for companies to skirt support directly. I would much prefer peopl either tweet or post here that way they get a human reply a lot faster 

What i'm trying to tell you is, I see what the goal is...however, no one seems to follow the idea...Support Posts end up everywhere...

If there was a single Thread called support then there wouldn't be all this craziness...Then simple the name of each new Topic with a tag [network], [lag], [geo-filter]

but this conversation doesn't seem to be going anywhere...so i'm not going to be a broken record.  

So sounds good, keep up the good work.

If there was a single Thread called support then there wouldn't be all this craziness...Then simple the name of each new Topic with a tag [network], [lag], [geo-filter]

this is the bit i didn't get do you mean the person posting titles the thread or we go in and do it?

this is the bit i didn't get do you mean the person posting titles the thread or we go in and do it?

I'm sure it will be a mixture of both.

I'd recommend making a sticky post saying "Before you post, this will speed up support"

Then describe the basic information you'd like, format of post, and then tags and what they mean

Archived