Ping assist?

Kill3rH1t

Tried to connect to USA servers and get pretty high ping, all i heard in proxy chat and inngame was american. then i tryed also usa server and ping assist to 120 i got a realy good connection at 63 ping. So thats impossible to be USA i did see on netduma i had a ping asist player in germany. so it dosent look like i had a connection to USA but germany.

What does the ping assist server and player realy do?

Okey but it dosent look like i am connected to that server if you understand what i say. lowest ping i possible can have to USA is 100 ping. So if i choose USA server and have ping assistent my experiance is i am connected close to where the ping assistent is located is that true?

i am from the uk, my geo filter is around the uk and some of france. sometimes i can connect to a server that looks like it is located in the usa, thats my ping assist allowing me to connect to that server as it lower than my ping assist ie 50ms.

try placing you geo filter home in the middle of the ocean, make the radius as small as possible and set ping assist to 50ms or 100ms what ever you feel will work best. 

you will see servers pop up in germany or spain that you can connect to because your ping assist states that its within your set limit ie 50 or 100ms