Suggestion for R-app/ duma os

I had originally wrote this as a dm to Netduma Fraser this past spring, yet I understand he does not read dm messages. So I decided to finally make a modified thread about it.

A collaboration with the pc program exitlag, for it to baked in on a router level so that console players have a way to use exitlag as a router R-app or by any means really.

If this is possible to implement, it would be an extreme and crucial game-changer in my opinion because this would give netgear/duma os the competitive edge as the router of choice and stand you out from your competitors (I now see that Asus has collaborated with WTFast and is implemented on their router o.s) in the market for all Console users who play competitively. Please, I am pleading with you to take this consideration serious with your team to see if this is truly feasible to get in contact with the exitlag company and strike out a deal or something to get this done. I am a Console Gamer, but have a pc and have used exit lag on it to see the difference it had made in lowering my ping to the black desert online pc game server.

I reside in Miami, Florida, and without using exitlag, my latency to the bdo pc server was ~90-100 ms. Yet, with using exitlag, my latency was ~55-60 ms (shown using the pc resource monitor tcp packet latency reader, while using the exitlag Miami server selection. I say this because as I stated,  I mainly play on Console, and I play the game Black Desert Online, and I know the Console's server ip addresses (13.83.151.216, 13.83.150.148, these servers are ddos protected and thus cannot be truly pinged, but by using ping plotter program, I can see the last hops possible and shows around ~65-70 ms). I know that BOTH Console and PC BDO servers are in NA are in San Jose California in the same server house (Devs have recently mentioned an eventual server relocation for pc servers to mid U.S.). I am in the South East coast U.S, and am at a large distance to server disadvantage (aka I get ping checked often in this twitch sensitive combat). I use traffic prioritization in the qos to prioritize  the ports for bdo console which are; 8884, 8888, and 8889 tcp (maybe there's more idk). port 8889 tcp I believe is the main packets I see in use for BDO console.

Lastly, I have seen some suggestions on the forums over time about the exitlag program, and it seemed like you were not entirely familiar with it, and a lot of people are also under the impression that it is just another vpn, which is not entirely the case. Exitlag is a tunneling service, that re-routes the path the game packets take all the way to the game's server (I do not believe that it changes your i.p address like normal vpns). It chooses the fastest, and least congested path possible ( can even send packets through multiple paths simultaneously ) . while YMMV, it had made an extreme difference for me personally ( from ~100ms to ~55ms in latency), which Is why I would really like to see it implemented on a router o.s level, so that I may be able to use it for my games on CONSOLE. As of right now, that is not possible without buying another nic card to get an extra ethernet port on my pc to bridge it to console wired. Please try to PIONEER the way and make that dream come true, I have no affiliation with the exitlag company, I am just a normal avid gamer that has a true passion. Like there are people who are videophiles, audiophiles, I guess you could call me an internetphile lol.  

Thank you for your taking your time to read this suggestion, and hope you give it some serious consideration.

Daniel Martinez

• Administrators

It's always best to make a topic instead of sending a PM/DM as we get a lot so they can be missed but we reply to all topics. As you mentioned it has been suggested before, I think at the moment we're very busy on new features that are going to help a lot, once that is all done we can maybe review this, I think the consensus was before that we didn't know how much of a difference it would make. I'll bring this up at the next meeting and see what we can do.