Xbox One & PS4 Playing at the same time

II Z IE IR O II

Guest Netduma Luke

Is both console able to play at the same time with both consoles running thru R1 and still get Geo Filtering bennefits?  My son plays on the PS4 and I play on the Xbox One.

Absolutely. The filter you apply will be the same for both of you and it will be active on each console. Just make sure you have added each console to the select service section at the top of your geo-filter screen.

Also - the colour of the circles on the map will match the device's colour on the interface.

So if both consoles are running at the same time and I take a look at the Geo Filter, it should show different hosts but will be in different colors that matches the device color on the interface? 

Guest Netduma Luke

So if both consoles are running at the same time and I take a look at the Geo Filter, it should show different hosts but will be in different colors that matches the device color on the interface? 

That's right. 

Is both console able to play at the same time with both consoles running thru R1 and still get Geo Filtering bennefits?  My son plays on the PS4 and I play on the Xbox One.

i play on both and it runs perfects, i even have both running at the same time i just use congestion control to make sure there are no hiccups 

Ok that sounds great. Related issue: If I was to connect my PS3 to the netduma (along with PS4 I have currently) (but playing seperately) will I get all the benefits of the geofilter?

I already have put the netduma in the DMZ of my 'provider' router, do I need to change any other settings on the netduma control panel.

Guest Netduma_Iain

The answer mate is you should but there is a potential issue with UPnP. Its addressed in the new version that people are currently testing. Will be out very soon. 

Guest Netduma_Iain

Hi Chris,

Yes I'd suggest just connect directly to PS3 then restart the router and the issue won't happen as long as the PS4 is switch off :)

Archived