New owner of Netduma R2, problem with matchmaking

dkarantousis

Hello, i recently purchased a Netduma R2 and would like to ask a few basic questions since i've had some trouble with matchmaking. First up, if someone invites me to play with them, do my Geo-Filter settings still apply when i get partied up with them? Or does filtering only work if i am the host of the party? And secondly, if i "Allow" someone i'm playing with in the Geo-Filter settings, will the filtering mode (i mean the geo-filter range i have selected) be disabled everytime i'm playing with them? Does it depend on whether me or them is the host of the party, or will we be always searching for matches based on my preferences, regardless of who the host is? Thanks in advance.

One example with the issues i'm having is this: Someone often invites me to play Destiny 2, among others, and this user is very close to me and thus within my geo-filter range. When they are the host of the party, we're trying to connect to servers that are way outside my geo-filter settings. When we connect to a match, i get kicked / have error codes appear, but the other player can play normally. When i play solo with filtering on, or when i'm with another player and disable the geo-filter, i no longer get error codes. But this entirely defeats the purpose of me, well, purchasing a Netduma, as i mostly play with others and want to avoid laggy servers. We still connect to matches very far away even if there are plenty of servers near us (we both live in Europe, and i have all Europe selected in the geo-filter range). What i want to do is being invited by other players as usual, and have my geo-filter settings apply for both of us. Is that possible? I tried "Allowing" the players i'm partied up with in my geo-filter settings, and it's impossible for us to play together while my filtering is on.

Welcome to the forum!

Filtering only works when you are the host of the party. If you allow a connection while playing, the next time you try to connect to that person or server, they will always be allowed regardless of whether they're inside your filter radius or not.

So for the problem you mention, you'll need to make sure you're the host of the party.