I need help to setup Netduma R2 as second router (for geofencing COD on my PS5)

Ninja_Theory

Hi I need help getting my R2 geofencing working when the R2 is not my primary router. I tried it as a primary but could not get my Xiaomi AX3000 mesh network to connect to the internet, so I reverted the AX3000 back to primary duties. Also, I don't need the QOS features. I only need the geofencing so I can play COD on EU servers (this is my only use case, and the reason I bought the R2).

I need guidance on the following please:

1. Must I cable from the AX3000 (primary router) LAN port to the R2 WAN or LAN port? (not sure which).
  2. I did a factory reset, dumaos has a LAN IP on my network but I can't access dumaos at all, don't know why. What must I do to access dumaos? When I type the LAN IP (192.168.31.xxx) it does not work. Also typing dumaos/ does not work.
  3. Which are the important settings to change on dumaos once I can get in? My primary router handles DHCP, so must I switch R2 DHCP off. Also I was not able to change the R2 IP from the .77 range to the .31 range that my network uses. It gave an error about WAN and LAN needing to be on different ranges (or something like that)
  4. I assume I would then plug my PS5 directly into the R2?

Hoping I can get some guidance as I spent an entire day on this yesterday and pretty much got nowhere. I'm not quite sure what I'm missing to get it to work.

Hey, I'll answer in order:

1. If the R2 connects to the AX3000 for internet, connect it to the Blue WAN port. If the mesh is below the R2 in the network and the mesh gets it's internet from the R2, connect it to the yellow LAN port
  2. That sounds like the WAN IP of the R2, the interface is not accessible from here. You'll need to connect a device directly to the R2 and go to 192.168.77.1 in your web browser.
  3. You shouldn't need to make any networking changes to the R2, if it's all using DHCP it'll figure everything out itself.
  4. Yes, PS5 direct to the R2.

Hi thanks for the speedy reply. I got it working like this: AX3000 (primary router) to WAN port of R2. R2 LAN port to PS5 (so my PS5 has a 192.168.77.xxx IP whereas the rest of my devices have a 192.168.31.xxx IP). My PC is connected to both the AX3000 and R2 so I have access to both admin sections - 192.168.31.1 (AX3000) and 192.168.77.1 (R2)

2 hours ago, Ninja_Theory said:

When I have geofencing on but PS5 chat blocks a friend outside my geofencing boundaries, must I switch auto ping off and then manually accept/approve his IP from the list under the geofencing map?

Yes, though you shouldn't need to do this more than once or twice!