Ping difference?

OGRunShow

Just curious when I play cod 6v6 I'm getting multiple different ping reading, for instance if i bring up the scoreboard in game it for example say 40ms, I've also got the latency bar ingame always running and it will say 50ms and my duma says 30. Usually there is around a 15-20ms difference, i know cod is still very buggy so I'm assuming the ping that my duma is reporting probably is the most accurate? Also unrelated but when doing a speedtest within the duma is it connecting to a local server to me? Running a speedtest in the duma shows like 400mbs but when I use like fast.com,speedtest.net etc where i know I'm connecting to a server close to me I'm getting 1gbps.

• Administrators

So the Geo-Filter shows your ping direct to the server. Games have processing delay, not all games choose to include this in their ping calculation but CoD does which is why it will be higher, as you mentioned the ping seems about right in both cases. As for the latency bar I couldn't say how that is being calculated.

We're still improving the results from the tests on the router, it uses a speedtest you probably haven't used before and it's possible that it isn't selecting the closest server.