Feature Request: Toggle Peer connections on/off

Has the team ever considered the idea of allowing only dedicated server connections via toggle to deny all peer connection? It could be a simple toggle placed on the Geo-Filter near the  filtering switch that is already present. This would help take away the guess work of locating dedicated servers if or when they switch, and allow the user to geo fence a large area such as a time zone as opposed to using the circle or small zones. 

Welcome to the forum!

Generally speaking, most games only use purely server based matchmaking, or peer-to-peer matchmaking. So this hasn't been something we've needed to implement in the past. If you're seeing a mixture of the two, it may be that some servers are being misclassified as peers.

We're planning some improvements to Geo-filter which will mean the representation of peers and servers will change, so this wouldn't be required. I don't have an exact ETA for this change, but we are working on it currently.

Thank you!

It's my understanding that Call of Duty multiplayer falls back on peer connections when it can't find you a match, so I do see a mix of peer and server connections. That said, the Heatmap is usually pretty accurate and If it says there's a server there, I get games on it. I also keep them fenced in but peer connections get through in the marked area. However, the Heatmap for Modern Warfare 2 says there isn't a dedicated server in, say, Buffalo, NY but I get peer connections there, or at least what I can reasonably assume is a peer and not a server. Evey time I come across one I add it to my deny list. Problem is my Deny list is getting fairly long.

Since you mentioned it I'll keep a closer on connection addresses and see if I can find any kind of pattern to possibly identify a sever vs a peer. 

21 minutes ago, Slamchez said:

Thank you!

It's my understanding that Call of Duty multiplayer falls back on peer connections when it can't find you a match, so I do see a mix of peer and server connections. That said, the Heatmap is usually pretty accurate and If it says there's a server there, I get games on it. I also keep them fenced in but peer connections get through in the marked area. However, the Heatmap for Modern Warfare 2 says there isn't a dedicated server in, say, Buffalo, NY but I get peer connections there, or at least what I can reasonably assume is a peer and not a server. Evey time I come across one I add it to my deny list. Problem is my Deny list is getting fairly long.

Since you mentioned it I'll keep a closer on connection addresses and see if I can find any kind of pattern to possibly identify a sever vs a peer. 

Sure. We're also doing another Ping Heatmap update later today so it may be you can see more of your local servers a little later on today.