Qos question!

farshidheshmati

i am a bit confused about how the Qos works. i have watched so many videos on YouTube but none of them explaining exactly how the Congestion Control works!!! i mean when i Put the slide line on 70% download and 70% upload does it give 70% priority of bandwidth to game or gives it to rest of the devices? for better and high speed for gaming to which side should i take the slide line? i am using auto-setup and it gives me this : 99% download and 99%upload !!! which i still confused 99%  of my bandwidth goes where? :D Thanks :) 

43443.thumb.jpg.8d6f6cd1c3fa91ba76443845a207963d.jpg

• Administrators

If you're ever confused or want more information about a feature click the ? icon on the top right of that panel. Congestion Control is the main feature to combat lag/local congestion/bufferbloat, essentially lag happens when your connection is saturated i.e. 100% of the connection is being utilized. By setting the value to 70% for example it ensures that your connection can't be completed used and that prevents lag happening. 

For prioritizing gaming that's where Traffic Prioritization comes in at the bottom of the page.

Thank you so much for the explaining, now i got another issues, i have added open-vpn from expressvpn with IP close to my nearest server according to ping-heatmap. and i reboted the netduma r2 and now asking me for the router interface username and password. i am putting them correctly but it says not correct !!! how can i login without losing my setup ? i mean i dont want to do the reset factory. Thanks again