Fritz 5490 > R2

johnny030

log-1669414413048.txt

Hi Support,

I have my R2 directly connected to my Fritz 5490, R2 WAN set in DMZ in Fritz. But unfornutately I can't use any of the functions. Geolocation doesn't work but does show to be functioning in the interface. Ping heatmap gives error Cloud data has not been downloaded. Make sure you have an internet connection and click FORCE UPDATE.

I've factory reset the router twice now to no avail.

What am I missing here? Please halp.

10 hours ago, johnny030 said:

log-1669414413048.txt 71.78 kB · 4 downloads

Hi Support,

I have my R2 directly connected to my Fritz 5490, R2 WAN set in DMZ in Fritz. But unfornutately I can't use any of the functions. Geolocation doesn't work but does show to be functioning in the interface. Ping heatmap gives error Cloud data has not been downloaded. Make sure you have an internet connection and click FORCE UPDATE.

I've factory reset the router twice now to no avail.

What am I missing here? Please halp.

Is your R2 showing up in your Fritz as dumaos in your dhcp and wired connected devices? If not you probably got DMZ wrong

9 hours ago, GrumpyOldMan said:

Mine does the exact same thing its been like that since i updated to the new firmware. I just ordered an Asus gaming router, you spend more time troubleshooting this thing than actually getting any use out of it

Why would you waste money on an asus gaming router if all you need is SQM or bufferbloat control? Edgerouter does it perfectly. 

If R2 is faulty then it's unfortunate, but if the problem is not the router by the configuration you will have problems no matter wich router will you buy

• Administrators
12 hours ago, johnny030 said:

When i force an update this happens.
I do have internet though.

12.JPG

As above is it definitely the correct WAN address? This can change if you reboot the router. Do you have any firewall rules on the fritz? Have you set DMZ or port forwarding on the R2?

• Administrators
1 hour ago, johnny030 said:

I have port forwarding enabled for a device named netduma (not dumaOS) as exposed host.
WAN on r2 is the fritzbox.

Just to clarify, do you mean you're using the exposed host and port forwarding?