R2 Not Connecting To wan no internet acces

Ziefer

Hey Guys Just Received my R2 Yesterday and have spent atleast 4 Hours trying too figure out why i have no internet getting to the NetDuma R2

i have changed ethernet cables reset       both virgin media hub 4    and    NetDuma R2 and have tryd Router Mode and Modem and still no internet acces Below are the errors i am getting from the netduma log if you can help with this would be epreciated Thanks in Advance.

1>   RPC error 'ERROR_CMDFAIL': Exec 'tc filter add dev eth0.2 protocol ip parent 2:0 prio 3 u32 match mark 0x0 0x1fe flowid 2:1' failed with 2

2>   Logs Mon Oct 26 20:47:53 2020 daemon.notice netifd: wan (24871): udhcpc: malformed hex string 'Virgin'
Mon Oct 26 20:47:53 2020 daemon.notice netifd: Interface 'wan' is setting up now
Mon Oct 26 20:47:53 2020 daemon.notice netifd: Interface 'wan' is enabled
Mon Oct 26 20:47:53 2020 daemon.notice netifd: Interface 'wan' is disabled
Mon Oct 26 20:47:52 2020 daemon.notice netifd: Interface 'wan' is now down

3>   Mon Oct 26 20:50:19 2020 daemon.notice netifd: wan (32190): udhcpc: malformed hex string 'Virgin'
Mon Oct 26 20:50:19 2020 daemon.err miniupnpd[1603]: recvmsg(s, &hdr, 0): No buffer space available
Mon Oct 26 20:50:19 2020 daemon.notice netifd: Interface 'wan' is setting up now
Mon Oct 26 20:50:19 2020 daemon.notice netifd: Interface 'wan' is enabled
Mon Oct 26 20:50:19 2020 daemon.notice netifd: Interface 'wan' is disabled
Mon Oct 26 20:50:19 2020 daemon.notice netifd: Interface 'wan' is now down

Hey Fraser Thanks for the quick reply       i currently have      Virgin Media Hub 4 it uses   Automatic (DHCP)  i think its that by default  i have just finished updating to latest dumaos Software aswell still no luck 

• Administrators

Did you factory reset after the update? If not please do so and try again.

It should be easy to get a connection using VM so it is a bit strange. Could you reboot the hub, wait 2 minutes then reboot the R2, wait 2 minutes and see if you get a connection then please?

i have factory reset it again After the update as you said and Rebooted the hub waited 5 mins and then Rebooted  the R2 waited 5 mins still no internet acces thru R2 im royaly stumped on this one and im pretty tech savy 🧑‍💻 

hey had a look and it does not seem to show a wan ip  and its not showing as connected to the virgin media hub also i can hear like a buzzing sound coming from the Power adapter like electricity when i turn off the power the sound gradualy goes away then stops how  could i can replace it if its fualty ?

• Administrators

Interesting, if you plug your device into the R2 WAN port instead of a LAN port can you access the R2 interface then? That could be down to the power adapter but if we feel it is faulty we will organize a replacement for you.

yes i can still ethernet into it from pc and get into the interface but cant do anything else with no internet detected  i have an asus gaming router witch works ok it plugs in and works fine i feel it is faulty sadly with the buzz in the adapter i feel the package was not handled with care   ive spent alot of time trying to get it to work how would we go about replacing the R2 as i still want it to be my main router 🧑‍💻

• Administrators

We'll need to do a bit more troubleshooting first, for the buzz, is the router connected to power via an extender or direct to a wall outlet?

Reconnect the R2 to the hub the correct way so R2 WAN to Hub LAN, then on the R2 go to the Device Manager, change to the table view and provide a screenshot please

Hey Frazer i have managed to get the Netduma R2 Working i had to Reset both Routers then use and extender for the power outlet that stopped the noise from the adapter and i had to Flush my dns and set it back to automatic in windows and Reset browser cache its now setup and working as intended works great Thanks !