Did Duma Os improved your game experience [Pool]

Mostwest

Did Duma Os improved your game experience [Pool]  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Did Duma Os improved your online gaming experience?

• Yes, it made much
    • No, It didn't make a big difference

Been a user since they released the r1. In my opinion DumaOS is great. Congestion control and traffic prioritization definitely make a difference. However way too many people focus on quality of service. In my opinion after years of using DumaOS the geofilter is more important. 

Customizing your geofilter to keep your ping low makes a bigger difference in my experience. Understandably most people don't seem to utilize the geofilter as much as it takes your eye off the game. The newest version of the mobile app greatly improves the usage of the geofilter. I think a quick allow/deny button on the main dashboard of the mobile app and also integrated into the main geofilter would be nice. Then you can go back when you're done gaming and name the servers the way you want.

Currently with the latest iteration of the mobile app while on the geofilter page you can click the ping and allow/deny which is fast but just not fast enough. Understandably you never want to take your eye off the game.

All in all DumaOS routers are great. Each one with pros and cons but they're all slowly but surely getting better. 

If they can get all the Netgear stuff sorted by the end of the year I think we'll be in pretty good shape for 2023.

On 11/7/2022 at 11:40 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

It is on our list to add, if you were able to help using the guide in the first post that would really allow us to add it a lot faster

Really curious to see how congestion control and traffic prioritization stacks against FQ_Codel by SQM in the Edgerouter. 

Can you provide some screenshot from waveform with and without Congestion control? 

I can eliminate bufferbloat from my net with the edgerouter 

• Administrators
57 minutes ago, Mostwest said:

Really curious to see how congestion control and traffic prioritization stacks against FQ_Codel by SQM in the Edgerouter. 

Can you provide some screenshot from waveform with and without Congestion control? 

I can eliminate bufferbloat from my net with the edgerouter 

It would be better to do the tests from your home network as they would be more applicable to you and your connection, also Congestion Control isn't on/off, it's percentages based so you may need to fine tune and try different percentages to see what works best. Disable Traffic Prioritization for the test as it can interfere with the results of those types of tests.