Issues

Kulet

I have a question: why isn't my Netduma lowering my ping when I play PubG Mobile? Traffic Prioritization, Congestion Control, and Geo Filtering are all enabled.

ISP: Spectrum

Router: XR1000

• Administrators

There could be a multitude of reasons:

1. Where are you located approximately?
  2. What area are you covering with the Geo-Filter?
  3. Can you provide a screenshot of your QoS page please?
  4. What is the model of the modem/router the XR is connected to and how have you set that up with the XR - modem/bridge mode, DMZ etc?
  5. Are ALL devices connected to the XR?

• Administrators

What is the model of the modem/router your XR is connected to - i.e. the router/modem provided to you by the Internet Provider or is it connected directly to the wall/ONT? Where are other devices connected? ALL devices should be connected to the XR for QoS to work effectively. Reset Bandwidth Allocation, gaming barely uses any bandwidth so giving it more won't make a difference. Also 99% is likely too high to effectively combat any bufferbloat, we usually suggest starting with 70%.

• Administrators

That's a big reason you're not seeing any difference in ping then, you're not competing for bandwidth with any other devices. Closest servers to you are in the US which is where the game would probably put you anyway, as long as you're forcing the West coast then you're doing all you can in that sense.

• Administrators

Most people don't have a connection entirely to themselves which is why it would help more for the majority. Keep the Geo-Filter on the West Coast to force those servers and your ping should be pretty steady. You could get an ethernet adapter for the phone which would give you more stability than using WiFi.