Bricked R1

Hi there, I was raking through my cupboards when I came across my old r1. Upon setup I realised the router was stuck on a boot loop it just reset itself over and over. I tried holding reset button while powering on but nothing I did worked. I checked through forums and came across a guide to reinstall factory firmware, the router now works but has no netduma firmware on it. Is there anything that can be done to get netduma firmware back on it? I bought this unit years ago so I will have trouble proving when I bought it.

3 hours ago, Andymc1987 said:

Hi there, I was raking through my cupboards when I came across my old r1. Upon setup I realised the router was stuck on a boot loop it just reset itself over and over. I tried holding reset button while powering on but nothing I did worked. I checked through forums and came across a guide to reinstall factory firmware, the router now works but has no netduma firmware on it. Is there anything that can be done to get netduma firmware back on it? I bought this unit years ago so I will have trouble proving when I bought it.

Unfortunately I don't believe there's any way to get DumaOS back on the old R1 units that doesn't take place internally here at HQ.

You could try sending an email over to [email protected] and explain the situation there, we'll discuss it with the team and see if there's anything that can be done.