Recieved new EE Smart Hub - unsure how to setup with an existing NetDuma

mikkelt

Hi, I had the Netduma setup and working perfectly where my preview EE hub handled WiFi and incoming traffic and the NetDuma R2 was providing internet to my PC via homeplugs.  Unfortunately the old EE hub died and they sent me a new EE Smart Hub.  It doesnt look like it has a bridge mode and I can't get it to even connect so that I can get into DumaOS so a bit stuck really.

I've connected the Duma to the Smart Hub with a cable from the Lan port of the EE hub to the Internet port of the NetDuma

Can you help me work out what I need to do to at least get the DumaOS viewable? 

Thanks

Mike

Welcome to the forum Mike!

What device are you using for this, have you got a PC/Laptop with an ethernet port? Can you connect this device to on of the R2s yellow LAN ports?

If so, do that, then go to 192.168.77.1 in the web browser of that device. You should then see the DumaOS interface.

Do you have all devices on the network connected to the R2? If so, that's great. What we should probably do to avoid any NAT issues would be to put the R2 in the EE Hub's DMZ. This is generally a more stable and reliable alternative to many bridge/modem modes.

To do this, go to System Information in the DumaOS interface, note down the WAN IP of the R2, then go to your EE Hub settings and find the DMZ option. Put the R2 WAN IP here, or select it's hostname if that's the only option.

After that you should be good to go.