Use it or no?

Mayos

So I have an R2 router and I used it to balance my traffic preferences and select specific servers for a game I played. However now, I have my own line of internet that no one else uses, and the game I play choose the best server automatically so selection doesn't do anything for me. So what my question is, is should I even use my R2 now or adding a router after my modem would not offer any advantage? I mean what is the possible pros I get by using my R2 apart from just my modem-router? As I said traffic prioritization, vpn or server selection isn't need right now.

• Administrators

If you have multiple devices connected then QoS would still be advised. If you want to monitor your ping to the game then the Geo-Filter would still be helpful, even to check if the game server is under load. Connection Benchmark would be could to keep an eye on your connection.

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

If you have multiple devices connected then QoS would still be advised. If you want to monitor your ping to the game then the Geo-Filter would still be helpful, even to check if the game server is under load. Connection Benchmark would be could to keep an eye on your connection.

Having a 2nd bridge (the r2) between my modem to my console won't slow down things / congest it at all?