Hybrid VPN PS5

Tommo1987

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anybody could confirm if I have the correct set up for my ps5 & VPN settings within DumaOS….

I currently use Express VPN and I have input the username, password & configuration into the settings for the India VIA UK VPN.

In addition to this I have forwarded the following ports; (as per Warzone ps4/ps5 port forwarding)

TCP 1:65535 - 443:443

UDP 1:65535 - 3074:3074

When I am in game my geo location does show ‘India’, however im not convinced that I am actually in an India lobby…if that makes sense?

I have also tried USA west coast and geo location is correct, but I’m on 40-50 ping vs non American players.

My question is….Is this actually working? Have I made any errors in the set up above and if so what changes do I need to make?

I also have geo filter disabled.

Thank you so much for any help offered!

• Administrators

I'd recommend using the Geo-Filter, that's the only way you can ensure that you force the servers you want, then see if you can get a server in that location. As far as I'm aware they don't actually have a server in India so Singapore or UAE I think are the closest.

3 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

I'd recommend using the Geo-Filter, that's the only way you can ensure that you force the servers you want, then see if you can get a server in that location. As far as I'm aware they don't actually have a server in India so Singapore or UAE I think are the closest.

Thanks Fraser.

just to clarify for example, would I set the VPN as I have above and then set the geo location to the same location as the VPN? 

• Administrators
11 minutes ago, Tommo1987 said:

Thanks Fraser.

just to clarify for example, would I set the VPN as I have above and then set the geo location to the same location as the VPN? 

Yes that's exactly right, I should note that we don't support getting around SBMM so if that's what you're doing we can't help you on that front but to force a location the Geo-Filter should be used. 

1 minute ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Yes that's exactly right, I should note that we don't support getting around SBMM so if that's what you're doing we can't help you on that front but to force a location the Geo-Filter should be used. 

I wish they would just disable SBMM for good lol.

thanks man