haserl CGI Error Failed to readline from 'config get DumaOS_Theme_Version'

• Administrators

When did you get this error, after rebooting, resetting, upgrading etc? Most often this occurs after upgrading when a factory reset hasn't been performed. If you do a factory reset then wait 2 minutes before accessing then it should load correctly.

There was no upgrade, reboot or anything.I could access the link to advanced settings just fine. I have had some kind of CGI error several times now. The last time was less than a month ago. I keep settings backups but its pointless as the router never accepts them. I have done a TFTP of the router before. This CGI error still creeps up every so often. The last time it seems Netgear locked the xr1000 so you can no longer do a TFTP. But the fact I can access settings just fine. Well that tells me this is a NetDuma issue. This bug is well over year old if not 2. You guys need to fix this! I have to factory reset and manually reconfigure the router every time this happens! The router will continue to function. Devices connect and work fine. But I can't access the router GUI to use it. This is why I bought this router for the features I cannot access when this happens. Please fix it!

• Administrators

So it just happened randomly, no precursor you can think of? I don't think they've blocked TFTP, they seem to update the guide and miss a crucial step for some reason, if you follow the guide, before you turn the router back on hold the reset button, turn it on and while continuing to hold wait for the power to flash 10 times, then let go of the reset and push the upgrade.

Are you on the very latest firmware, .64? As I know it has occurred a lot less on the latest update.

• Administrators

If there is something that was done prior to the issue occurring then that gives a) an idea of why it might be happening & b) a potential way to reliably reproduce the issue which would help us resolve it much more easily. When the issue occurs, access the Netgear settings and then grab a the log file please and post it here.