Difference between strict mode and filtering?

Okay, so even though the guide indicates I should have my PS5 filtered to get the best possible server for my connection, I'm finding that it only helps with my connection to other people. I had my PS5 filtered and strict mode off and got into servers at 80 ping but when I reversed the roles, I was getting connected to my closest server.

• Administrators

You need strict mode enabled otherwise it will allow servers outside your radius. Strict Mode is a feature we introduced specifically for Destiny and I would highly recommend you only disable it for that game, that is why it is enabled by default. Enable it again and it will work as expected.

12 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

You need strict mode enabled otherwise it will allow servers outside your radius. Strict Mode is a feature we introduced specifically for Destiny and I would highly recommend you only disable it for that game, that is why it is enabled by default. Enable it again and it will work as expected.

I know how it works, just on initial setup it states that the filtering is what blocks servers outside your connection, might need changing to other players and not servers.

8 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

It does filter servers, that is the main purpose as most games are server based now. I’ll talk with the team to have the description of strict mode be made clearer, thanks for letting us know your experience.

It doesn't though, I have my filter off but strict mode on and servers outside my radius are being blocked.