Latest FW - connection benchmark not working.

Hello, i was trying to use connection benchmark just to learn more about the router and updated FW. however connection benchmark does not run test when initiated.

i have QOS turned off becuase i have gigabit fiber connection from Sparklight. 

thanks 

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Which router and firmware version are you using? What actually happens when you start it, does it try to start but the graphs don't update and it finishes and gives grades at the bottom in the history?

• Administrators

Did you factory reset after upgrading as that is usually recommend after an update.

Usually if that happens it actually is running/appears to be but the graphs/values don't populate and then it appears as a completed test at the bottom of the page. Could you provide a screenshot of the page including browser, uncropped please and I can see if I can spot anything - if you could do the screenshot shortly after trying to run the test that would be ideal.

53 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Do you have Adblockers on the web browser? Can you try in an incognito window please? Do you know if you're forcing a HTTPS connection to the interface?

Not sure if i should jump in. but i also have the same issue  but on the XR1000. 
Last week in reinstalled the firmware and then reset (I did try and do the TFTP but the XR1000 router Light does not flash orange on power on.) it but it was the Geo-Filtering and Ping heat map that had the same issue so today i done it again reinstalled firmware and reset router and set it up. this time the  benchmark did work and i was adding in Ping test and one of them seem to stall and not does not load rebooted router so on so on and still has the same issue. 

Screenshot 2022-09-24 at 18.47.49.png

• Administrators
59 minutes ago, Caution said:

Not sure if i should jump in. but i also have the same issue  but on the XR1000. 
Last week in reinstalled the firmware and then reset (I did try and do the TFTP but the XR1000 router Light does not flash orange on power on.) it but it was the Geo-Filtering and Ping heat map that had the same issue so today i done it again reinstalled firmware and reset router and set it up. this time the  benchmark did work and i was adding in Ping test and one of them seem to stall and not does not load rebooted router so on so on and still has the same issue. 

Your issue looks to be a bit different, go to the System Information page, click the :menu icon set the retries to 5, then reboot the router from the interface, wait 2 minutes then access and see if it has loaded

2 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Your issue looks to be a bit different, go to the System Information page, click the :menu icon set the retries to 5, then reboot the router from the interface, wait 2 minutes then access and see if it has loaded

i done this but left the router 20mins after a reboot and still have the same message as above. 

13 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Are you using Armor? Are you forcing a connection to the interface using HTTPS?

I just type in 192.168.1.1 so no HTTPS (http://192.168.1.1/desktop/index.html#com.netdumasoftware.benchmark)
Don't have active armour subscriptipn so i suspect it is disabled.  

Screenshot 2022-09-24 at 23.07.13.png

• Administrators
57 minutes ago, Caution said:

I just type in 192.168.1.1 so no HTTPS (http://192.168.1.1/desktop/index.html#com.netdumasoftware.benchmark)
Don't have active armour subscriptipn so i suspect it is disabled.  

Are you using Safari? Looks like you might be, in which case the browser forces HTTPS for you, if you try a different browser and check it's not forcing HTTPS then it should work correctly

14 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Are you using Safari? Looks like you might be, in which case the browser forces HTTPS for you, if you try a different browser and check it's not forcing HTTPS then it should work correctly

still the same in chrome. 
in settings it shows the app has a play button on it (like it has not loaded) and the have changed the number to 5 and rebooted again and waited 10mins  before access the router on chrome. 

Screenshot 2022-09-25 at 14.07.33.png

Screenshot 2022-09-25 at 14.08.17.png

On 9/25/2022 at 2:36 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

Could you try the TFTP method again but after you have turned it off, hold the reset button down and while still holding it power on the router and hold it until the light flashes 10 times then try to submit the firmware

Just to give you an update. could not work out how to do the TFTP on this device. i work in IT to know my way around commands but could not get this working so just done a reset install firmware then done a reset again. now everything is working thus far. 

• Administrators
35 minutes ago, Caution said:

Just to give you an update. could not work out how to do the TFTP on this device. i work in IT to know my way around commands but could not get this working so just done a reset install firmware then done a reset again. now everything is working thus far. 

No worries, glad it's all working now, thanks for the update!