Slow wifi

Coltifus

I've had a Netduma for about a month now and everything was fine, then as of a couple nights ago my wifi won't go over 20 mbs.  I have 300mbs fiber.  My hardlined desktop gets the full 300 mbs but anything on wifi struggled to get above 15 mbs, website don't load on most devices, and I can't even watch tv.  When i run connection benchmark in dumaos it shows my full 300 mbs.  I've tried disabled QoS, changing channels on 2.4 and 5ghz, and even did a factory reset.  My kids are struggling to play games and downloads are maxing out a 15-20 mbs for them.  I can't refund the router because i've had it for months now, but my house was destroyed by Hurricane Ida, and we just got back into our house with services again so I took it out the box last month.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• Administrators

If they're getting 20MB/s download rates that indicates the speeds you're getting through WiFi would be about 160Mbps, is a WiFi speed test showing 160Mbps or 20Mbps?

(Internet Providers sell you services with the Megabit unit, 500Mbps for example but downloading files etc uses the Megabytes unit, 8 Megabits = 1 Megabyte so generally when downloading anything online the number you see for the speed it's going at should be roughly 1/8th of the value of speed you pay your provider for. Hence my question to get an accurate picture of the situation.)

Sorry to hear about your traumatic experience, I hope everything is better now and you're on the way to rebuilding that which was lost.

Try these suggestions and see if it improves it at all:

• Disable Mirror Mode, give 2.4/5GHz different names and apply - you'll want to connect to 5GHz specifically for speeds
  • Use a WiFi analyzer to find the least congested channel and change to that
  • Experiment with the widths to see what gives better results
  • Ensure it's in an elevated position - not on a metal surface
  • Ensure there aren't any electrical / wireless devices e.g headphones etc within close proxity ~3 feet if possible
  • Set the antennae to this position _ | | _