Does Geo-Filter Affect Streaming?

The Honest Tiger

• Administrators

Are you actually using the in built streaming capability of the console? If so then it's possible that you could be restricting the stream yes. I would recommend starting a test stream then taking a look at the Geo-Filter Map zoomed out, anything that appears outside the radius/blocked add it to your allow list and that should prevent any issues when using the Geo-Filter and streaming.

3 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Are you actually using the in built streaming capability of the console? If so then it's possible that you could be restricting the stream yes. I would recommend starting a test stream then taking a look at the Geo-Filter Map zoomed out, anything that appears outside the radius/blocked add it to your allow list and that should prevent any issues when using the Geo-Filter and streaming.

If nothing appears then it should be fine?

2 hours ago, The Honest Tiger said:

I have another question about another topic, should I mention it here or a new topic thread?

Okay so I have expressvpn set up on my XR500, I have it set to London which is my closest server but all my speeds drop to less than 10% of what they should be.

• Administrators

That is expected, OpenVPN is a slower protocol, combined with the router hardware does slow it down. That's why we created HybridVPN so you could apply it to a specific application/service on the device and everything else on that device can go through your normal connection and get full speeds. Although you have to apply to the console as a whole if you want to put it behind the VPN.

53 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

That is expected, OpenVPN is a slower protocol, combined with the router hardware does slow it down. That's why we created HybridVPN so you could apply it to a specific application/service on the device and everything else on that device can go through your normal connection and get full speeds. Although you have to apply to the console as a whole if you want to put it behind the VPN.

Fair enough, by the way, is it possible for someone in a foreign country to connect to the London server on a game if they have a VPN and Router?

• Administrators
46 minutes ago, The Honest Tiger said:

Fair enough, by the way, is it possible for someone in a foreign country to connect to the London server on a game if they have a VPN and Router?

Generally I would say yes and you may not need the VPN, however the further away you are the more difficult it may be as your ping may reach a limit that the game may have. 

11 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Generally I would say yes and you may not need the VPN, however the further away you are the more difficult it may be as your ping may reach a limit that the game may have. 

Well this is the scenario, I force the game to connect to the London server on Call of Duty Black Ops: Cold War, however, there is one player sometimes who must be on 200+ ping who is constantly getting into the lobby.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, The Honest Tiger said:

I was just wondering if they could be using something to force connect to the server.

They could be using a VPN or the router or some other method - it is very unlikely the game is connecting them to the server naturally unless they live somewhere very remote where that is the closest server