GeoFilter not working on Warzone

Hey there! Hoping someone could help me with an issue. I started using my XR300 for geo fencing on warzone to get past the SBMM. I tend to be put in higher KD lobbies and was trying to lower that just a bit. I used the geo fence and placed it in Africa (since these tend to be friendlier lobbies) and it worked for maybe 2-3 weeks. I haven't changed anything and have kept my geo fence in this area but I am now getting higher KD lobbies again. I checked my average lobby KD's through Cod tracker so I can see that the average KD is now higher again. I have tried taking the device (PS5) off the net duma and reinstalling it which did not work either. Any tips or suggestions? 

Average for me before Geo filter was 1.20 KD lobbies, with geo filter I was looking at .9 KD lobbies, now even with geo filter on I am back in the 1.15 lobbies. 

Thank you 

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Unfortunately circumventing SBMM isn't something we support so you may need to look elsewhere to get the answers you want. For us the router is for ensuring you get the best connection possible not to get around a skill mechanic.

I understand. If I am limiting within a geofence, should the other servers pop up on the map when I open the game? Or only servers within the geofence? 

Also if I move the geo fence, do I completely turn the console off and reboot it or just close the game? 

Thank you for the insight 

• Administrators

When first booting up the game pings all available servers to see what you can/can't connect to/what your ping is to each one so that's quite normal. If you close the game completely so you go back to dashboard that is fine, just wait 2 minutes and any connections will be disconnected and you can try again - a reboot though may be faster.

So I checked my location in the warzone menu and no matter where I put the geo fence, it still puts the location accurately on myself. Do you know why it would be ignoring the geo fence? Or does geofencing not really work? Ive tried turning it off, moving the geofence, waiting additional 2 minutes and nothing seems to change it. I even changed my dns on the playstation. 

• Administrators
54 minutes ago, Kohdaa said:

So I checked my location in the warzone menu and no matter where I put the geo fence, it still puts the location accurately on myself. Do you know why it would be ignoring the geo fence? Or does geofencing not really work? Ive tried turning it off, moving the geofence, waiting additional 2 minutes and nothing seems to change it. I even changed my dns on the playstation. 

The Geo-Filter isn't a VPN, it doesn't change your IP address which is what the location in the game uses to approximate it. Basically when you search for a game it determines which servers you can/can't connect to, by blocking servers outside your radius it appears as though you can only connect to specific servers and so that's where it will put you.