Lag in a Game

Kulet

Hello, Netduma team. I need help with my game. I'm still lagging in a game (PUBG MOBILE) even though my QOS is enabled, Traffic Prioritization, and Geo Filtering. Please assist me to set it up properly ASAP.

• Administrators

There are other factors when it comes to connection so QoS alone may not resolve your lag depending on the situation. Where abouts are you located and what servers are you playing on? What is the average ping you're getting to the game? What is your exact physical setup? 

21 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

There are other factors when it comes to connection so QoS alone may not resolve your lag depending on the situation. Where abouts are you located and what servers are you playing on? What is the average ping you're getting to the game? What is your exact physical setup? 

Located: Hawaii

Server: North America

Ping: 110ms

Pysical Setup: Traffic Prioritazation

• Administrators

What part of North America is the server? By physical setup I mean what is the model of your ISP modem/router, is it the XR1000 you have connected to it, are ALL devices connected to the XR or are some connected to the ISP modem etc?

Given your location and the position of servers in relation to you it is highly unlikely you'll get very low pings but depending on the answers to the questions it may be able to be reduced.

I myself was lagging on Spectrum, even while using that five hundred dollar CAX80 router from Netgear. Sometimes I don't think these special routers could save you from Activision's laggy servers. The franchise is going downhill and this money hungry company wouldn't do anything to save it. Just release a new version of the same game over and over again. The fix to them is your money and they could care less if you enjoy the game or not. As long as their Twitch streamers and YouTubers have all the fun. #StayWoke

• Administrators

Could you provide a screenshot for the Congestion Control part of the QoS page as well please? You don't have Filtering Mode enabled for the device, have you tried it with Filtering Mode previously to see if it works?

16 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Could you provide a screenshot for the Congestion Control part of the QoS page as well please? You don't have Filtering Mode enabled for the device, have you tried it with Filtering Mode previously to see if it works?

The Congestion Control is disable thats why I enable the Traffic Prioritizarion. I tried enabling the Filter Mode but still not working

• Administrators

Congestion Control should be used as that is one of the main features that will keep your ping lower and more stable. Check on the Device Manager the IP for the iPad, then on the iPad check the IP in WiFi Settings, do the IPs match?

5 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Congestion Control should be used as that is one of the main features that will keep your ping lower and more stable. Check on the Device Manager the IP for the iPad, then on the iPad check the IP in WiFi Settings, do the IPs match?

So I should enable both Traffic Prioritization and Congestion Control? Yes, the IP address is correct.