Extremely slow SMB

Interesting, OK thanks for letting us know. There are new firmwares in the works for the XR500 so perhaps NETGEAR will include any changes to ReadySHARE if applicable. Otherwise it's possible we may be looking at a hardware limitation as initially suspected.

45 minutes ago, Netduma Liam said:

Interesting, OK thanks for letting us know. There are new firmwares in the works for the XR500 so perhaps NETGEAR will include any changes to ReadySHARE if applicable. Otherwise it's possible we may be looking at a hardware limitation as initially suspected.

I don't think it's a hardware limitation, because a $7 router works perfectly, and the xr500 in ap mode smb works fine, it's in router mode that it doesn't work correctly

3 hours ago, jose13lilt said:

I don't think it's a hardware limitation, because a $7 router works perfectly, and the xr500 in ap mode smb works fine, it's in router mode that it doesn't work correctly

I suspect the $7 router is running simpler software that doesn't require much resources. Perhaps the addition of DumaOS and any extra resources that requires is what's causing the problem, that would also explain why it's not a problem in AP mode, because these resources are free again. Just a theory, we'll know more when the next XR500 firmware is released.

2 minutes ago, Netduma Liam said:

I suspect the $7 router is running simpler software that doesn't require much resources. Perhaps the addition of DumaOS and any extra resources that requires is what's causing the problem, that would also explain why it's not a problem in AP mode, because these resources are free again. Just a theory, we'll know more when the next XR500 firmware is released.

perfect.

Is there a beta tester version of the next version to test it and report the result?

3 minutes ago, jose13lilt said:

perfect.

Is there a beta tester version of the next version to test it and report the result?

There isn't just yet, but there should be soon. We're currently testing new firmware for the XR500 and are working on some remaining bug fixes, so it shouldn't be too long until we can get a beta version out to you.