Discord blocked by Ping assist set lower than 30

I kept getting an error through discord of "no route" this is obviously a network error, after some hunting around, I founf that the reason was because my ping assist was on 0, as I was playing on USA servers from the UK this is how the advice was to set it. 

Having not used discord whilst playing on USA servers I did not realise this issue so when this error appeared once I went back to UK servers and started playing with friends again, not being able to connect through discord I was confused.

One of my friends lives in Egypt, it was him I noticed the 'no route' error, as I said previously, after some messing about I changed my ping, I put it to 30 and immedietly discord started working again, anything below this and it wouldnt work. 

I can only assume this is a bug or there is some kind of clash between discord and the netduma.

This post was advisement for the potentuial need for a fix.

Regards

• Administrators

It's not due to Ping Assist specifically, just that you're blocking the Discord servers, we did add a lot a little while ago to the whitelist to prevent this happening but it seems like they have added more. All you need to do is add them to your allow list just like you would do for a friend and that would resolve it. When doing this, if you could provide us with the ID of the Discord servers then we can add them to the whitelist.

6 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

like you would do for a friend

Never have...

Is there a way to do that without bugging friends by avoiding calling them in order to get that server to pop up.

I am curious as to why the ringfencing would block other servers as well as MW ones if you only choose the option of MW, surely, with my very limited knowledge, it'd make more sense to allow everything except the games specific servers and not disallow everything unless specifically stated?

• Administrators

You can see how to do so at the bottom of this guide: http://support.netduma.com/en/support/solutions/articles/16000077072-dumaos-optimal-settings-guide-geo-filter

If you're only connecting to the Discord server when playing with friends and can't connect without them then no unfortunately but it's very quick to do the next time you plan to chat with them.

It's not really that simple, Discord uses a big range of ports for voice chat and those same ports are used for games as well so without allowing them specifically they would be blocked as well. For most web traffic, streaming, downloads etc the Geo-Filter wouldn't affect it at all as they use very few ports and are therefore easy to exclude.